Ostello Bello Bagan

Bagan, Myanmar

I had a positive overall experience at Ostello Bello. It's quite an impressive enterprise, a large hostel providing many activities and services. It is a very social hostel which is great, but for those in quiet moods, there are several nice areas to relax. I had been unhappy upon arrival about being locked into an advance reservation. There is a very strict cancellation policy requiring more that 14 days. 7 days would be more reasonable. Grazie!

HI Siem Reap Deluxe

Siem Reap, Cambodia

This was a fantastic hostel especially if you are wanting to relax . I can't recommend any improvements and actually will say that I think the standard is too high. For example, several guests in my room along with myself commented that we don't need a new towel everyday. Having the bed made (changed?) is nice too but not expected for the price. Don't work too hard for your happy guests : )

Ganesha Family Guesthouse

Battambang, Cambodia

This was a nice place to stay. Enjoyed the private room.

Nocknoy Lanexang Guesthouse

Luang Prabang, Laos

I enjoyed this guesthouse! It's on a quiet pedestrian lane around the corner from the post office and night market area where slow boat passengers are dropped off. Met some nice travelers here and liked the relaxed vibe

Mercy Hostel

Chiang Rai, Thailand

I was just passing through Chiang Rai on the way to a long boat ride so was barely at this hostel, but it's very "sleek", top notch if you are looking for a really comfortable dorm bed. The common area seemed like a chill cafe, good for doing "work", and for hanging out I'm sure. It is set close to the center but also a bit like an oasis. They were also helpful with arranging my slow boat tour.

The Living Place 3

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I really enjoyed this hostel. I am an "older" traveler (young in spirit : ) and wasn't sure if I would get any sleep in a 14 bed room (all that was available during a busy festival) but I slept very well all five nights. The guests were very courteous and respectful and mindful of this shared space. The owner and staff hosts made it feel like home, in such a genuine way. I'm glad I didn't shy away from the Living Place (and they had space ; )

Riad Yalla

Marrakech, Morocco

Riad Yalla was a great place to stay for a reasonable price. It's located in a quiet pedestrian alley close to a bustling local market street that's a ten minute walk from the main square. In other nearby directions, also ten minute walks, are the modern city, the lovely Jardin Marjorelle, and a supermarket (where you can buy alcohol if wanting a change from "Berber whiskey" [tea]). The hosts are very welcoming and possess a wealth of knowledge about Marrakech. We felt completely at home here.

Kasbah Hajja Ait Ben Haddou

ait ben haddou, Morocco

This was one of the top places we have ever stayed. It is literally a part of the old Ait Ben Haddou kasbah, lovingly incorporated as a restaurant for tourists and a guesthouse for those lucky enough to know to stay there. One can enjoy the moon and stars over the kasbah at night, sunrise in the mornine, and explore the paradise palmeries. Dinner was reasonably priced and served in a candlelit grotto with exotic decor, by far the best tagine of our time in Morocco. Truly spectacular!

This hotel was a good value and its host is incredibly friendly. It's located at the side of a beautiful old kasbah that lies within the local palmery oasis, a km from the town center and bus station, so can be reached by foot or taxi on the main road (it's an even closer walk to the center once the host familiarizes you with the more direct foot path). The room was spacious and clean and the shower was hot. Staying in this quiet setting in the kasbah was a pleasant and interesting experience.

Riad Zahraa

Meknes, Morocco

We stayed at Riad Zahraa our first night in Morocco and writing this review ten days later after much travel, still have fond memories. Our room was charming and cozy and the hospitality was good even by already high Moroccan standards. This is a charming riad of the typical style, in the heart of Meknes, at a good value for the price.

Thank you very much for your positive review, we hope to see you again. Happy new year 2013. Aziza and Mocine Riad Zahraa,Owners.