18th May 2016

Fantastic hostel with an incredible location. Bed was very comfy and quiet (didn't squeak as others said they did), and lots of bathrooms which were very clean. Only bad thing was the bath drainage in the room I stayed in which seemed to be blocked so there was dirty, stagnant water when showering. Would definitely return as I didn't get to see half of what the area had to offer. The staff were delightful.

8.0
2nd Apr 2016

The blinds in the female dorm bathroom are so old and badly broken that the building across the alley can see in when you're using the shower and toilet. Blinds are so cheap! Just buy a new one! Beds comfy and staff lovely. Good location, although told by locals not the safest area.

Samesun Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA
9th Mar 2016

The staff at this hostel are wonderful. I miss them! The beds are very comfy. The only thing that bothered me was that there is no barrier on the top bunk to stop me rolling off in the night so I didn't sleep to well for fear of falling!

USA Hostels Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA
23rd Aug 2015

The loveliest thing about this hostel is that the staff all seem to be travellers themselves, so it adds an extra homely element. The beds all have 'privacy compartments' with a panel containing plugs and a shelf. When you're sharing rooms this small feature is very welcomed. You can really relax. Breakfast is fresh and varied, maybe the best of all LA hostels and I stayed in four while in LA.

Orange Drive Hostel, Los Angeles, USA
22nd Aug 2015

I have never stayed in such a beautiful, clean hostel in my whole life and I've been travelling for two years.

Adventurer Hostel, Los Angeles, USA
7.1
20th Aug 2015

It fascinates me when I read hostel complaints and the clientele has paid $20. This place cost that and you will get free parking ($15 a night LA) and free coffee in the morning ($4 in LA). If you paid $20 you will probably not have the service, BUT IT'S $20! I found someone sleeping my bed! They gave me another straight away. The management clearly don't care and just let the staff deal with the sub standards.

HI Los Angeles - Santa Monica, Los Angeles, USA
7.4
15th Aug 2015

By the beach. Definitely worth staying here for at least a night if you are on an adventure around LA. Definitely overpriced. They charge you extra when you arrive. It's in the small print so they aren't doing anything wrong legally but travellers are usually on a tight budget so it would be nice to be upfront about costs. The wifi doesn't work. The staff will tell you it's your device. Go to the Coffee Bean on the street corner if you do need wifi. Great walking tour provided.

28th Jul 2014

Amazing hostel; lovely staff, clean, great croissants! Met some lovely people! The beds were quite squeaky but it's a hostel, so not a complaint, but maybe that could be something to update if they choose to do so.

Adventurer Hostel, Los Angeles, USA
14th Apr 2013

I woke up the first morning with a beautiful view of the ocean. Dream. Loved it here. The staff are so great and fun and helpful.

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel, San Francisco, USA
23rd Mar 2013

A perfect hostel. There was always someone cleaning the main corridor where all the bathrooms were and the bath mat was always dry! Lots of laughter to be heard. Twice members of staff asked if they could help me with my suitcase. I overslept on checkout day and the manager was very polite and carefree about it. Met a lovely Australian man called Nathan outside and we drank some rum together in the early hours. A very pleasant time, highly recommended, especially as San Francisco is so beautiful

HI NYC Hostel, New York, USA
27th Nov 2012

Brilliant staff Squeaky beds Love the showers because they have a changing area Round the corner from subway

5.1
23rd Nov 2012

As someone else said, The Bates Motel would be a fare summing up. This hostel is saved by the lovely staff who were always on hand, albeit at the end of the phone. I was in a room with a woman who was a sandwich short of a picnic, but the manager very kindly moved me to a room on my own. It's all rather old and because of that, a bit unclean, but by the time I was leaving and I hadn't been murdered in the shower I had grown to love the place and I'll definitely go back if ever I'm in town.

The Bowery House, New York, USA