Really awesome location! One of the best locations for a trip to NYC. I would definitely stay here again. Close to two Citi Bike terminals (bike share program). Free breakfast and Wednesday pizza night are a nice touch. Helpful and friendly staff. Having a kitchen is nice and rare in hostels in NYC. Close to train/bus terminals and subway. The rooms/facilities are very small, but this is NYC, where all the buildings are a few hundred years old, so this is normal and expected

La Chimba Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Fun hostel, super comfy beds, great location. Good place to meet people!

Punto Urbano

Mendoza, Argentina

I had such a fun time here. Best breakfast ever!

Milhouse Avenue

Buenos Aires, Argentina

SOOOOO much fun!!!!!!

El Misti Hostel Salvador

Salvador, Brazil

Very friendly staff but extremely poor and dirty facilities and rooms. Not the best location either

Always a good time at Loki

Sol Atacama Hostel

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

The owner is the best!

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

It was a lot pricier than I usually pay, but my friend said it was a good place to meet people. The common areas are awesome. It's really clean and the facilities are really nice, but I would rather save my money and stay somewhere cheaper with less. Also, the staff were pretty brutal. Just totally unhelpful, unfriendly and unaccomodating. I arrived at the hostel around 12:30 and they said I had to wait till 2, which is fine. I tried again at 1:50, but they made me wait the 10 mins. Super lame.

Dear Valued Guest, Please accept sincerely apologize for the inconvenient you may had during check-in time. Our standard check-in time is 2.00 PM because our guests check out at 12.00. Some guest may check out nearly 2, we have to make sure the rooms are clean to meet our standard before checking in (Early check-in can be done in the case of prior request when you make reservation, so we can arrange early check out bed in advance). Waiting guests can use other facilities during waiting time such as lobby, free computers, free wifi, shopping around while your luggage are deposited in the hostel. We are sorry for did not well explain the check-in policy clearly again when you checking in but we promise to do it better in the future. Hope to welcome you next time. Thank you for your comment. NapPark Team

Khaosan Road Rainbow Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

The people at reception were very very nice. I got in at about 6am from a nightbus and they let me check in at 8am! So pleased with that! Maybe I was just in the wrong room at an awkward time, but the people in my room/the hostel were pretty blah. I found it hard to meet people so I switched hostels. Oh yeah, it's right across the street from Gazebo nightclub, which can be a good or bad thing depending if you plan on sleeping or not.

MrLocal Dorm Rooms

Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

Fun party hostel. Champ, the owner, is awesome. The facilities could have been a little nicer and cleaner. And sooo many mosquitoes!

One Phi Phi

Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

The reviews of this place are accurate and I knew what I was getting into, but there was nowhere else to stay!

A Little Bird Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

This is a really good hostel, especially for the price. The location is great, it's easy to meet people, the rooms are cleaned everyday and there are lockers for your stuff.

Funky Monkey Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

There are major pros and cons to this hostel. The pros- free breakfast (which is surprisingly good & you can order what you want), good location, free whiskey after 8pm, and a pool table and good common area to meet people. The cons- the facilities are pretty bad... One bathroom/shower per floor and the door doesn't lock (so awkward!!!), you have to take your shoes outside, the door to my dorm room didn't shut and there were no mosquito nets and this is a place that REALLY needs mosquito nets.

The hostel was ok but I wouldn't stay there again just because its not very social and easy to meet other travelers. It was more like a hotel.

Garden Village Guest House

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Awesome hostel! I had so much fun staying here and I met tons of cool people. You can't beat $1-2 dorms, but they're not for you if you expect a lot. The sunset bar upstairs is fun. It's not on the Main Street but a close walk away and you pass a lot of good and inexpensive restaurants along the way. Ask for Mr T, one of their tuk tuk drivers. I can't wait to come back and stay here again!