Hostel e Pousada Tirol

Jericoacoara, Brazil

One of the best run hostels I've been to in eleven months. Not the most luxurious, but has everything you need, great social hang out area with hammocks. Super helpful staff, in particular the manager Goucho. You can't do better in Jeri than Tirol.

• 18th Jul 2013

H Rado Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Definitely worth the extra money for a few nights stay here, you more than what you pay for! Location is fantastic, beds are the best I've had in four months on the road, very clean and nice breakfast with fresh fruit. Super modern, great roof terrace overlooking Patio Bellavista!

• 21st Dec 2012

Rancho Grande Hostel

El Chalten, Argentina

I left this hostel after 30min at ten at night and found another hostel, even though I'd paid. It's full of huge groups, more like a ski hotel then a hostel. The bathrooms were cramped, and dirty. I could hardly get to my bed for all the other people's stuff over the floor, this was not the hostels fault but when I asked the girl if I could change room she said no, when I went to leave having found another place it was then an option??!! 4 months in Argentina first time I've left a hostel.

• 13th Dec 2012

America del Sur Hostel

El Calafate, Argentina

All the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Before my stay I'd had seven emails back and fourth with the team to help me book trips and buses, on arrival I was able to pay for everything by credit card, which in Argentina is rare! They have a daily Asado which is plentiful, and great way to meet people. All rooms have private bathroom and separate toilet. The breakfast is very decent also. I'd been recommended by some other travellers and was not dissapointed at all. The staff are super!

• 11th Dec 2012