Black Swan

Barcelona, Spain

Top notch hostel. The kitchen is the best you'll find and the beds are really comfy. Our room was a little on the smaller side but it wasn't to bad. We had a few really nice nights out and the staff were really nice especially Yam who took us to a couch surfing party. Would staff again for sure.

• 29th Nov 2014

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna

Vienna, Austria

Great little hostel. Very clean and welcoming. Would stay again.

• 1st Nov 2014

Carpe Noctem Vitae

Budapest, Hungary

The hostel was really well located and was quite clean for a party hostel. We had several staff members coming into our room un announced which was not cool and made us feel really uneasy as they came in while we were sleeping and changing.The pub crawls were ok although the party atmosphere at times felt a bit forced.

• 29th Oct 2014

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

Really lovely little hostel! Rooms and bathrooms were kept very clean and it was easy to meet people in the common areas. The wifi also worked great. Everything you could want from a hostel!

• 27th Oct 2014

MEININGER London Hyde Park

I've never experienced such poor customer service in my life. I was a returning customer however due to staff negligance I was unable to check in and pay for my room leaving me stranded in the middle of the night.Don't bother staying here there are plenty of better hostels in the area.

Dear Sir or Madam, We are sorry that your visit was not as expected but as explained in a number of private emails to you your presentation of what happened is not correct. Regards Meininger Management

Kick Ass Hostels

Edinburgh, Scotland

Its hard to find big hostels with friendly enviroment that has social events and is good to meet people that are also clean and functional. This hostel manages to do both perfectly. I was able to have a good time, socialise, meet people as well as also having a hot shower, comfy bed and fast reliable wifi (this wifi was A grade) Its located right in the middle of town and its really easy to get around. They have loads of information and the staff are really nice and helpful especially Millie.

• 14th May 2014

The most amazing free breakfast I have ever seen at a hostel! The value for money was excellent. They had free cake both nights I was there and sadly I just missed the 1 pound dinner night they held. The hostel is VERY clean, cosy and close to everything in Cardiff. I would highly reccomend it!

MEININGER London Hyde Park

The beds were comfortable, showers had hot water and it was pretty quiet so I was able to have a good nights sleep. But there was much more of a hotel vibe to the place. Not really the kind of place where you would meet other travellers and there are always lots of children running around.

Dear, thanks a lot for this honest comment. We appreciate that! We would be pleased to welcome you again another time:-) Your MEININGER Team London

Backpackers Share House Floripa

Florianopolis, Brazil

Really nice hostel with great staff. Only problem was the room was a quite dirty (sand and rubbish on the floor when we arrived, a dead spider on the wall etc) however the food made at the hostel was amazing! You really get your moneys worth and it tastes amazing. The staff are really friendly and the location is right by the beach.

El Diablo Tranquilo

Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

Great hostel! Close to the beach, really clean the showers are perfect and the staff are really nice! We really enjoyed our stay and would stay again!

F&F Hostel

Punta del Este, Uruguay

Hostel was ok,but we didn't feel welcome as we felt that they were just preparing for the summer tourists (for example construction and hammering at 8am in the morning) but the one staff member who checked us in was very nice. Only one bathroom in the whole hostel seemed to work, which is very annoying when you are on the top floor and have to go down 3 flights of stairs each time you needed the bathroom. Wifi didn't reach to the top floor. This is probably a nice party hostel in summer.