Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 35

Casa Tiki

Itacare, Brazil

Just what the doctor ordered! A sweet little quiet place. Clean, cozy, and friendly atmosphere. Everyone I met was very kind and welcoming. Excellent location in relation to the town of Itacaré and the beaches. I was lucky enough to be there just before Yvonne and Kevin open their new restaurant, Marley's, and got to sample some of their excellent world cuisine "with a twist." I definitely recommend this place.

This was my first hostel experience in which things were stolen from me in my room. I also overheard that people experienced previous guests walk into their private room because they know the passcode on the doors. Since there are no keys, and the hostel allows short-term living situations, this apparently happens a lot. This was also the first place that the club promoters acted like arrogant a**holes and treated people disrespectfully. It may be a fun party, but I wouldn't stay here again.

The Dreamer Hostel

Santa Marta, Colombia

Even though this hostel makes Santa Marta look amazing, the lack of air conditioning in the rooms ruined my stay. It was so hot, humid, and stuffy in the room (even with the fan on) that it made me sick (the losing-your-lunch kind of sick). I tried sleeping outside on the hammock, which was equally hot, although with a slightly stronger breeze, but the mosquitos bothered me all night (and I was still sick). No amount of friendly/cool atmosphere can make up for poor sleep.

Dear traveller, Thanks for taking the time to write the review, we are happy you enjoyed the atmosphere at the hostel. A good sleep is very important for us, most of our rooms has aircon but not the one you choose, keep in mind to ask for aircon during your next trip. We look forward to see you soon Fulvio Manager, Dreamer Hostel

Casa Nativa Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

Great service, good location and comfortable sleep. The only concern I had was the shower, which isn't very private (there are decorative holes in the wall, through which others in the hostel may watch you if they chose) and isn't very organized (there is no place to put your clean clothes or bath products save for one broken hook). Otherwise, it's a great place to stay.

Geo Hostel

Medellin, Colombia

Super friendly, helpful staff, very clean and modern style, nice rooftop area, more quiet than other hostels, but easy to meet people, tasty breakfasts. I love Medellin, too. I would definitely stay here again.

Blue Almond Hostel

San Andres Island, Colombia

Even though the location isn`t very close to the main beach, it`s a safe location and the atmosphere is friendly -- it feels like home away from home!

Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

I've been back to this hostel 5 times now and it never disappoints. Beautiful location, wonderful staff, awesome place to meet people from all over Brazil and all over the world.

Negrita Hostel

Punta del Este, Uruguay

Friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Desperately needs AC.

El Viajero - Hostel & Suites

Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

There's nothing wrong with this place, but there's nothing particularly special about it either. I've been to two El Viajeros in two different countries now, and they seem to be more like a hotel than a hostel. The one big turn-off for me was that I had to make my own bed, but I noticed that it was a common practice in other hostels in Uruguay as well.

H Rado Hostel

Santiago, Chile

This is a classy place with a hotel quality, but a hostel-like friendly atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again.