Location USA, Gender Female, Age 37

Casa Bacarira Ecolodge, Sao Sebastiao, Brazil
28th Mar 2016

I was able to get a dorm room for $10/night, which was worth it. But I wouldn't pay more. Interesting, large hostel in the rainforest, good facilities and staff. However, there's no air conditioning in the rooms, you need to use excessive amounts of bug spray, and the road getting there is 15 minutes of rocky, pot-holed, red-muddy mess. I had a car to get there, but it was still an uncomfortable ride.

Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
8.0
20th Mar 2016

The space for breakfast/bar is too small for the huge quantity of people that stay here. Every time I went, there was nowhere to sit. Great location. Party hostel. The water went out one day due to local construction, but the receptionist was able to find me a place to shower. The only thing that was truly awful is that another receptionist forgot to return my passport to me. I didn't realize it until I checked out and they had to deliver it to me at the airport. Major screw up.

Amigos Hostel Cozumel, Cozumel, Mexico
17th Dec 2015

Kathy was great -- very kind and generous. I loved the location, plenty of good local places to eat and very close walk to the centro. I enjoyed sitting by the pool when I wasn't in the ocean. Perfect place to meet lovely people.

Thank you for your kind response and for choosing Amigos Hostel for your Cozumel holiday. Was my pleasure to host you ad to spend time chatting with you. All the best to you in 2016!!

Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel, Florianopolis, Brazil
13th Feb 2015

It's always a pleasure staying here.

Casa Tiki, Itacare, Brazil
11th Oct 2014

Just what the doctor ordered! A sweet little quiet place. Clean, cozy, and friendly atmosphere. Everyone I met was very kind and welcoming. Excellent location in relation to the town of Itacaré and the beaches. I was lucky enough to be there just before Yvonne and Kevin open their new restaurant, Marley's, and got to sample some of their excellent world cuisine "with a twist." I definitely recommend this place.

6.3
17th Jul 2014

This was my first hostel experience in which things were stolen from me in my room. I also overheard that people experienced previous guests walk into their private room because they know the passcode on the doors. Since there are no keys, and the hostel allows short-term living situations, this apparently happens a lot. This was also the first place that the club promoters acted like arrogant a**holes and treated people disrespectfully. It may be a fun party, but I wouldn't stay here again.

The Dreamer Hostel, Santa Marta, Colombia
7.7
16th Jul 2014

Even though this hostel makes Santa Marta look amazing, the lack of air conditioning in the rooms ruined my stay. It was so hot, humid, and stuffy in the room (even with the fan on) that it made me sick (the losing-your-lunch kind of sick). I tried sleeping outside on the hammock, which was equally hot, although with a slightly stronger breeze, but the mosquitos bothered me all night (and I was still sick). No amount of friendly/cool atmosphere can make up for poor sleep.

Dear traveller, Thanks for taking the time to write the review, we are happy you enjoyed the atmosphere at the hostel. A good sleep is very important for us, most of our rooms has aircon but not the one you choose, keep in mind to ask for aircon during your next trip. We look forward to see you soon Fulvio Manager, Dreamer Hostel

Casa Nativa Hostel, Cartagena, Colombia
11th Jul 2014

Great service, good location and comfortable sleep. The only concern I had was the shower, which isn't very private (there are decorative holes in the wall, through which others in the hostel may watch you if they chose) and isn't very organized (there is no place to put your clean clothes or bath products save for one broken hook). Otherwise, it's a great place to stay.

Geo Hostel, Medellin, Colombia
9th Jul 2014

Super friendly, helpful staff, very clean and modern style, nice rooftop area, more quiet than other hostels, but easy to meet people, tasty breakfasts. I love Medellin, too. I would definitely stay here again.

Blue Almond Hostel, San Andres Island, Colombia
5th Jul 2014

Even though the location isn`t very close to the main beach, it`s a safe location and the atmosphere is friendly -- it feels like home away from home!

Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel, Florianopolis, Brazil
17th Apr 2014

I've been back to this hostel 5 times now and it never disappoints. Beautiful location, wonderful staff, awesome place to meet people from all over Brazil and all over the world.

Negrita Hostel, Punta del Este, Uruguay
17th Jan 2014

Friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Desperately needs AC.

El Viajero - Hostel & Suites, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
8.0
16th Jan 2014

There's nothing wrong with this place, but there's nothing particularly special about it either. I've been to two El Viajeros in two different countries now, and they seem to be more like a hotel than a hostel. The one big turn-off for me was that I had to make my own bed, but I noticed that it was a common practice in other hostels in Uruguay as well.

H Rado Hostel, Santiago, Chile
24th Dec 2013

This is a classy place with a hotel quality, but a hostel-like friendly atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again.