The Westend Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

I stayed here in March 2013 and was so extremely happy with my choice. The most impressive part of my stay was the staff. They were unbelievably helpful and pleasant and just generally friendly. My friend and I were staying in one of the top floor rooms and it was gorgeous. The few nights we ate in the restaurant downstairs, the food and service was stellar. I cannot recommend highly enough.

• 21st Mar 2013

Abbey Court

Dublin, Ireland

Great place to stay. Great location! Did not stay here for very long so didn't get a chance to use all of the facilities (they were in another building to us anyway) and the only thing I would say is that if you are not a fan of stairs, you may want to specify that when booking as we were on the 4th floor and it was a bit of a mission after a long day. The room was lovely though quite hot with the heater on and the shower had water pressure issues. Other than that, lovely place to stay,

• 19th Mar 2013

Keystone House Kings Cross

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay here in March 2013. The room was lovely and on the second floor (a little hard to maneuver a suitcase up narrow stairs). The staff were generally helpful, though some seemed less warm than others, but when we had an issue with our hot water, they were quick to help rectify it. A very pleasant experience.

• 11th Mar 2013