Reviews: InternationalJess

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Porto Spot Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Staff was above and beyond helpful. Really friendly folks. Kitchen was large and accomodating. Beds were nice and comfy and the bunks were spaced far so you arent bumping your head when you're on the lower bunk. Very secure place. Although its not in the heart of the city, its only about a 5 minute walk away from the main metro station. Was honestly really impressed. Best hostel I stayed at in Portugal and I was in 5 cities!

Serenata Hostel Coimbra

Coimbra, Portugal

Kitchen definitely lacks in organization and supplies. The bunk beds are extra large and pretty comfy. Location is far from the bus station, but close to the University and cathedral. The bus station in itself is outside the city walls and at the bottom of the hill. I recommend taking a taxi upon arrival and then just walking to the bus station when you leave. About 5 euros to get there I think. Very clean, good # of toilets/showers. Didn't get a chance to try the walking tour.

Lisboa Central Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Awesome staff. Location was about 10 mins to the city center, but close to the metro. A bit hard to find if you don't get out of the right subway exit. Only 2 toilets though and 3 showers.. I think.. Very helpful in helping you find somewhere to go, even for tourist attractions in other cities.

Old Evora

Evora, Portugal

I HIGHLY recommend staying here! Pedro, the owner, is an amazing person. I accidentally left my cell phone, GoPro, extension cable, and fanny pack in the locker... He emailed me the next day to tell me I had left it, but I didn't see the email until I was in Porto!! He offered to mail it to my hostel! Wow! I ended up taking a bus to go down and get it since I would be leaving the next day to Spain, but wow, to offer sending it by mail to me!? Truly grateful. BEST BEDS too! Super comfy.

Hostel Soca Rocks

Bovec, Slovenia

I loved this hostel! Very social, friendly, and welcoming. The staff goes above and beyond to help you. They helped me leave on a Sunday- when transportation is seriously lacking- to get to the Slo/Italy border. Stayed longer than planned and since it was raining while I was there I will definitely be back again someday.

Students Residence

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Internet there is terrible. Dorm room style (2 beds per room). Short stay- checked in late and left early. No strong feelings either way.

Confidenti Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

9 Euros!? So cheap! I stayed here two extra nights. Nice tall lockers for your things. A 10-15 minute walk to the city center, but I didn't mind. It's a beautiful city to wander and explore.

Surrounding areas made me a bit weary coming home late as a single female. Staff was average, not out of their way helpful or friendly, but not rude. The room itself is basic but clean. Just over the freeway from the strip. I was there for business so that didn't bother me.

Hostel Cat

Las Vegas, USA

No soap provided in the bathrooms?? I never thought this would happen in the US. That's gross. Besides that the staff is friendly. Older guy that works there will hit on the hotties but I guess that's standard. Great nightly events. Love the fridge provided for guests to store things. Pay in cash or they charge extra.

Add $15 for the hidden facilities fee tax. Brings it to $35-40. Still really cheap for Vegas! Beds not the best, but that's expected for a budget hotel, right? Lots of food options. Very nice. Buffet is basic but good selection of meats. I would return again!

GREAT location. Very close to the beach and night clubs. Staff really friendly. Good events every night!

Miami Hostel

Miami, USA

Easy to meet people here. Great nightly events planned. Lockers in room not too secure- apparently someone had their money stolen the night before I arrived. Not the cleanest, but tolerable.

Smyle Inn

New Delhi, India

Very accomodating. The travel agent was a life saver in organizing our first few train rides. Worth the commission if you are new to India an haven't figured out the train system yet. Internet a bit slow on the computers but at least they have 4 woking ones! Wifi works too. I was pleased :) Only negative is that it was hard to find. Go down a small alley. Ask shop keepers for help.

Lub d Bangkok Silom