Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Overall not a bad hostel... Just huge, so it lacks the family character I usually look for in a hostel. However, it is in a cool old building, and they have a sauna. You are right next to/under the DART so every now and then you get flash backs to Chicago in the 1930s (trains screeching), but honestly, that just adds extra atmosphere. Nice staff, huge lockers for rent. Not bad at all.

Thanks for your nice feedback but we are disaappointed you did n't find the family character that we are proud of here ( as we do get a lot of great comments about the friendly sociable atmosphere ) maybe it was just "the day that was in it" as we say in Ireland But hope next time you will unearth our true colour. Ps Chicago is a brill city !

Florence House Boutique Hotel

Portsmouth, England

This place was amazing. After staying in rather grungy hostels all over the UK, we arrived at this place and were in awe. It was BEAUTIFUL, and amazingly cheap for two people to share a room (and a real bed)! Cheaper than the traditional-middle range hostel we were in in London for sure! Right by the ocean, very generous free brekkie with pay-for options that are scrumptious. Awesome staff who took care of us when we were sick: I would recommend this wonderful place to anyone!

Blue Sky Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

Blue Sky Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

So, the staff was totally on the ball here, however I get the feeling (from the sad structural state of the buildings and the dire state if the showers--which are either freezingly cold or scaldingly hot and have no pressure to speak of) that the owner could not give two cents about this place. Again, the staff are great, and love it as best they can... But they don't have much to work with. Near all the clubs, cheap as hell, just... Remeber that you get what you pay for as far as facilities.

Astor Museum Inn

Could not get a better location and wonderful staff. Sadly, patrons don't seem to be doing their own dishes: hey! don't leave it for the staff because then all the other guests have to work around your dirty dishes! Otherwise, awesome old building, friendly people, and free lockers (though no free wifi). Thanks y'all!

Ashfield House

Dublin, Ireland

You have to pay forblockers by the hour (which charge crazy overtime rates), but the staff is fruendly and helpful, the brekkie is generous, and the shower was to die for! Seriously, the MOST water pressure. Awesome. Can't ask for a better location either. I would have been happy even if I had been paying twice the price that I paid. I have stayed in many a hostel, and worked in several others: this was well run and cheap as hell. Thanks y'all!