The best shower we've ever had at a hostel! The water pressure and heating was excellent after a long day of walking and exploring Vienna on a cold winter's day.

• 27th Dec 2013

Generator Berlin Mitte

Berlin, Germany

The location is great as it is close by to two train stations and only a short walk to Museum Island. The staff weren't very friendly/helpful. When we visited, there was no washing machine installed yet. However, the rooms were very quiet and, as we had been travelling for quite a while, it was nice to have some restful nights of sleep before exploring the city.

• 1st Oct 2013

Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

The breakfast and kitchen facilities are fantastic! The best I've seen at a hostel. But the floors in my room had not been cleaned for a while. They still had paper/rubbish left over from the previous visitors. It would be great if the hostel had a laundry or provided a service for this. I also felt a bit uneasy every time I exited or entered the building as the door (which cannot be opened unless you had a key or buzzed reception) was never shut properly, which meant anyone could come in.

• 29th Aug 2013

Goodmorning Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

I loved my stay at Goodmorning Hostel! The staff were great, especially one guy and I sadly forget his name - the one with the moustache! He became known as 'the guy' as he gave us so much advice on what to see and do in Lisbon. He went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our time in Portugal. He even called the kiosk we were heading to, to find out whether they had happy hour on or not. He recommended a fantastic Portuguese restaurant and was then serving free sangria when we got back.

• 24th Aug 2013

Killarney Railway Hostel

Killarney, Ireland

We entered our room, after travelling all day in cold, wet and windy weather, and noticed how cold the room felt. It was freezing! But the heater could not be adjusted. The room has a sign on the door saying "No Smoking", yet the room and bed sheets smelt of cigarettes. When we looked out the window we noticed a pile of cigarette butts lining the window sill. The hostel advertises as having free Wi-Fi, but this is only available in the kitchen and did not work half the time we were there.

• 21st Mar 2013

The staff were extremely unfriendly and not helpful at all. When I asked where the laundry is, the staff member was telling me about going to a place two train stations away! I had to find my own way to the hostel laundry in the basement. I don't think the staff member understood English. Also, when I went to return the hair dryer I rented the staff member thought I was asking to check out of my room. The location is terrible!

• 11th Feb 2013