Hostel Albania

Tirana, Albania

We wish we had more time to relax here - one night wasn't enough!

Dubrovnik Center-Apartments

Dubrovnik, Croatia

When we arrived to Dubrovnik we were very confused by the process of getting to our apartment. The person who collected us didn't really make it clear that she was a staff member. We could never figure out who were the staff and nobody could tell us who to pay for the accommodation - we asked several times. We ended up chasing them before we left to be able to pay for the room. A very confusing situation and we felt like we were intruding on someone's home which made us feel uncomfortable.

Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

The private room we stayed in was fantastic! It seemed like nobody had stayed in there before us. It was more like a hotel room. We were told, by the staff who checked us in, that they were happy for us to leave our luggage for a couple of hours before leaving Split when we check out. However, when we checked out, the staff member was extremely rude and told us that there was too many bags to be looked after. She couldn't give us a straight 'yes' or 'no' answer on whether we could store them.

Pink Panther's Hostel

Krakow, Poland

A great place to stay, especially the location! But the breakfast is pathetic! I know it's free but I've been at other hostels with free breakfast and they have been way better than this one! Especially when I wanted to use the jam for my toast, and I notice a man dipping a spoon into it and licking it off the spoon - multiple times. Turned me off from eating the breakfast there for the rest of my stay.

Fest Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Felt very much at home at this hostel. The staff were very helpful and gave us many tips on where to eat and what to see/do. But it was also nice to be treated as independent travelers and we didn't feel pressured to have to socialise with other guests if we weren't up for it. Only suggestion I have is to put doors on the showers - rather than just having curtains. Being a female sharing a bathroom with males, it felt a bit uncomfortable.

Thank you for comment but just 80%, oh come on... :)

The best shower we've ever had at a hostel! The water pressure and heating was excellent after a long day of walking and exploring Vienna on a cold winter's day.

Generator Berlin Mitte

Berlin, Germany

The location is great as it is close by to two train stations and only a short walk to Museum Island. The staff weren't very friendly/helpful. When we visited, there was no washing machine installed yet. However, the rooms were very quiet and, as we had been travelling for quite a while, it was nice to have some restful nights of sleep before exploring the city.

• 1st Oct 2013

Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

The breakfast and kitchen facilities are fantastic! The best I've seen at a hostel. But the floors in my room had not been cleaned for a while. They still had paper/rubbish left over from the previous visitors. It would be great if the hostel had a laundry or provided a service for this. I also felt a bit uneasy every time I exited or entered the building as the door (which cannot be opened unless you had a key or buzzed reception) was never shut properly, which meant anyone could come in.

Goodmorning Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

I loved my stay at Goodmorning Hostel! The staff were great, especially one guy and I sadly forget his name - the one with the moustache! He became known as 'the guy' as he gave us so much advice on what to see and do in Lisbon. He went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our time in Portugal. He even called the kiosk we were heading to, to find out whether they had happy hour on or not. He recommended a fantastic Portuguese restaurant and was then serving free sangria when we got back.

• 24th Aug 2013

Killarney Railway Hostel

Killarney, Ireland

We entered our room, after travelling all day in cold, wet and windy weather, and noticed how cold the room felt. It was freezing! But the heater could not be adjusted. The room has a sign on the door saying "No Smoking", yet the room and bed sheets smelt of cigarettes. When we looked out the window we noticed a pile of cigarette butts lining the window sill. The hostel advertises as having free Wi-Fi, but this is only available in the kitchen and did not work half the time we were there.

The staff were extremely unfriendly and not helpful at all. When I asked where the laundry is, the staff member was telling me about going to a place two train stations away! I had to find my own way to the hostel laundry in the basement. I don't think the staff member understood English. Also, when I went to return the hair dryer I rented the staff member thought I was asking to check out of my room. The location is terrible!