Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

Stayed here for a night in between a long bus trip from north to south. It is just a 5 minute walk from the Bus Depot. Staff was efficient. Kitchen was pretty clean and well equipped. My room is on a bus route and you can very clearly hear bus traffic throughout the night. They had a nice collection of DVD's to rent and the Wifi worked quite well. No lockers in rooms is always a bummer. Over all this place was above average.

Thank you for your comments! We hope to see you back soon!

Glasgow Youth Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

My 1st HI and not my last! Really beautiful building in between the West End and Central Glasgow, very close to the university. Extremely clean! Kitchen was gigantic and functional! The cook was on his way home and offered to give us a ride to a distillery tour for free! Hostel was in a quite neighborhood so you could actually get some sleep at night. Showers we great, as hot as you can get it. Pay-for wi-fi is really the worst thing about this place, but by the end I didn't mind.

Edinburgh Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Smart Hyde Park Inn

I would say this hostel is accurately rated %73 they were renovating the hostel when I was there so there was no Kitchen. The rooms are clean, but the rest of the hostel is quite dirty. Even if they had a kitchen I wouldn't prepare my food there. The rooms all have these "pod' style beds with CURTAINS which I loved. I am 6ft all however and I just perfectly fit into the bed. Anyone over 6ft tall should be aware that they will not sleep well here.

Thanks for your comment. Even %73 won't make us happy. At the moment, we are at the stage of renovate the hostel. your next visit you will see the big difference. Smart Hyde Park Inn

This hostel is much better than the ratings. I booked a 6 bed dorm only to find out it was above their noisy bar. I politely asked reception if they had a "quiet" room and they moved me into the 'new building' which houses mostly 10 bed dorms. If this "new" part was like the rest I bed this hostel would be ranked %90+. In the new dorms they have excellent bunks with power outlets, curtains and hooks for your stuff. Breakfast was alright. Bar had nice atmosphere in the day time.

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to review us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here! Please come back and visit us soon! Safe travels The Bauhaus Team

Hostel Uppelink

Gent, Belgium

Amazing hostel, the best I've seen in Belgium. The location is AMAZING, as is the 500 year old building it is in! Staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. Rooms were super clean (even under the beds) and the common rooms has plenty of comfortable furniture. Breakfast was a higher quality one with cheese and jams. They could use a microwave and a kettle for those who want to eat on a budget. If they add some activities like tours or beer tastings this will easily be a top European hostel

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

I am surprised that this hostel was rated so low. Maybe I was in a good part of the hostel? Beds were cozy, rooms were clean, shower was hot. No lockers in my room, (some rooms do) the ones in the hall did not function with my lock set. The morning receptionist is rude and lazy, I had my heavy pack on ready to leave when I handed her my train ticket and asked her if she could tell me when the next one was. He response was "I don't know the time tables"... not "let me look that up for you."

The Groove

Budapest, Hungary

I would normally not hold noisy guests against a hostel, but the problem with The Groove is that the common area/kitchen is adjacent to all the rooms. I couldn't get any rest because there were parties going on until 4 am 3 nights in a row.

Dear Dustin, thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately it's a bit difficult to make sense of. Your rating for atmosphere (1/5) vs. 3 parties in a row... it doesn't really add up. Actually we don't allow loud parties until late in the lounge exactly for that reason: we want our guests to be able to sleep at night if they wish to. I think you have us mixed up with another hostel you might have stayed at. We thought you prolonged your 3-night booking to 8 nights(!) BECAUSE you were having a good time; because you enjoyed the great atmosphere, the free dinner or the cake or the free beers… Guess we were wrong, sorry to hear that. Anyway, safe travels!

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

A very solid hostel. Centrally located about a 5 minute walk to the old town and next to a very nice department/grocery store if self-catering is your thing. Staff is friendly and prompt, and gives good suggestions about what to do while in Bratislava. Common room is relaxed and comfy. Kitchen is clean, as is everything in it. Rooms have a nice view of the square the hostel over looks. Beds are comfortable. Rooms are clean, but no hand towels in the bath-room for washing your hands.

High on flash & low on substance! All the furniture looks nice, but there is not a single comfortable place to sit. They also blast really loud & really bad music in all of the common areas. Heater didn't work in my room. The common kitchen gets revolting on a Fri/Sat night (even for a hostel). I understand that the staff shouldn't clean up after irresponsible guests but there comes a point where it is necessary. It is only about time before someone gets Salmonella, e.coli or WORSE! Over-rated.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

A really great hostel! One of the best! The beds are the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hostel. Great security: guarded door, security cameras on everywhere and I loved key-less entry to the rooms!!! The staff is extremely helpful. The location is great if you only want to visit Sultanahmet, but if you plan on spending most of your time elsewhere you might try something closer to the tram line. Great roof top bar with nice views. No kitchen though so self-catering is out.

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

There is nothing bad about this Hostel, nothing at all. I tried to think of something negative to say about it but the worst I could come up with was a couple of annoying guests. Which isn't the Hostel's problem. One the the best Hostels you will ever stay at.

Legends

Rome, Italy

A solid hostel. It is in a great central location in Rome, a 5 minute walk from Termini. There is free wine every night and sometimes free food. The 6 bed dorms in the "New Building" are right next to the kitchen which can be loud at night, here the beds are also hard as a rock. I also stayed in the main building which was quiet and had soft beds. The WIi-Fi here is very slow at night when ppl are trying to use it. The lockout is a hassle, but not in-forced. Building could use maintenance.

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

I was torn how to rate this hostel Yes they have a pool, sauna and Turkish bath, but they don't have a kitchen, refrigeration or even a microwave! I got the flu while I was staying here and on 3 occasions I watched the maids clean the rooms, they DO NOT wash the blankets! They simply fold them back up and put them back in storage!! It is an OK but not great location. The night club down 3 floors below blasted music until 3 or 4 am, making normal sleep hard I always had. Won't stay at PLUS again

Hostel Colours

Milan, Italy

This hostel is brand new, and so no all of the kinks have been worked out in its operation. Umberto and his staff are all very very helpful and nice, giving great info and free perks like coffee. This place is clean, has very sturdy lockers They are very close to the Lambrate Metro Station which excellent for getting around the city. My only negative comment is the lack of a full Kitchen. Umberto expressed he wants to fix this. I think give it 1 year and this will be a top tear hostel. Nice beds

InToulouse

Toulouse, France

Nice place in Toulouse, run by a very friendly couple who also live In the hostel. Not a long distance from city center, but the area it is in dies after 7pm so without a car you must make a trip into the city for food or drink. Internet is reliable and fast. No English spoken here so be prepared to practice your French!

This was exactly what I expect it to be for its price range and closeness to just about everything in Paris. Staff was EXTREMELY helpful! Showers were never hot but this didn't bother me. Not a place you should go if you are a wimp who needs anything more than a soft-dry bed at night. Perfect value for the price.