Really good hostel, very clean, good fun, well maintained, good location by the beach. Only negative was the reception girl's failure to book our last day transfer for the time in the morning we requested- which resulted in me having to spend 8hrs in Rio international airport and my girlfriend very narrowly not missing her flight... rather than a relaxing last day in Ipanema as planned.

Dear William, We are really glad and grateful of receiving you evaluation. We treasure you contact because it's a valuable source of data about our pros and cons of our work. Our job it's always headed to 100% customer satisfaction. In an environment of increasing competition and higher demands, we only want to improve ourselves to offer you better service. Once again, thank you for helping us in our hard work of offering our customers a better service. Sincerely, Florencia. Manager - Geko Hostel & Pousada Paraty

Overnativa Green Hostel

Ilha Grande, Brazil

Where 2 start? Impossible 2 contact to confirm booking after I put 40% deposit in manager's ac. Failed 2 organise transfer from Rio. Then 3 days of no electricity or water. We should have been immediately transferred to another hostel, but manager obviously didn't care- we saw him hide when another couple checked out. Saying that under different circumstances ie water & power & a manager who cared about his guests, I imagine Overnativa is actually a nice hostel. At your risk.

U Surf Me

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Upon arrival we sat in the communal area. The sheets on the sofas stank & obviously had not been washed in ages. There was an infestation of Mosquitos (hundreds of them) swarming around. In the morning the water for the bathroom had not been filled & the shower was not working, plus a rather large unflushable turd. When told to use other shower I hardly got a trickle of water. We left the next morning having wasted 700rs in transfers & deposit. Hostel address on site is a lie. Great New Year!

Copa Fun Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Vania, hostel owner is just amazing. So interested in her guests' welfare & making sure everyone is having a good time. All the people working for her there are likewise- a great place 2make friends. Hostel is simply a fantastic option for anyone staying in central Rio & at an affordable price. Really sad to leave. The hostel is clean, safe, well located & as the name suggests loads of fun. I would go back there time & time again. I cannot recommend Copa Fun enough! Big thank u to them all. Will

• 17th Dec 2012