Dar Ichraq

Essaouira, Morocco

Bit difficult to locate to begin with but that is what's special with a Riad, right? The young smiley stuff were great and very helpful. Ensuite facilities were a dream and the roof terrace was nice as well. Location is perfect, right in the middle of all the action. The only regret is that I only got to spend one night at this gorgeous place.

Aftas Beach House

Agadir, Morocco

What a place! This hostel is all about the amazing character and location. Arriving in the basking endless sunshine, we were greeted by the fabulous Brenda who had kindly provided directions on how to locate the place. It is pretty much a dream as you descend into this hidden cove to find a Moroccan style house tucked onto a surfer's beach. The highlight was being taken fishing of the rocks and being able to cook my catch for dinner. Cannot wait to return, well worth the 140km for Agadi.

• 20th Mar 2013

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

One of the best hostels I have been to. Staff were really friendly and helped me with any queries I had. The breakfast was very good and fantastic value for money. The rooms were very secure and clean and I was even allowed into my room at 7am on the day of arrival. The keycards were very good, working for both doors and the lockers in your room. The best thing was the winter garden such a fantastic chill out space. Would definitely visit here again.

• 13th Nov 2012