Light House Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Lighthouse is such a lovely, friendly hostel! Definitely makes you feel like home. My only suggestions would be to have more power points in the rooms, and some of the bunks were VERY small - I kept bumping my head when I sat up!

Miss Sophie's

Prague, Czech Republic

Miss Sophie's is very clean and safe but would benefit from facilities: common room, washing machine, larger kitchen etc.

I wanted to love this hostel, I really did. Above a cute cafe, what a cool location! I just felt though that it didn't add up. I had to ask for too many things: the bed to be made up, laundry powder for the machine, another wifi code. The wifi situation (in June at least) was really bad. Also, we ran out of toilet paper (room of four girls) NOT COOL! Disappointing.

Castanea Old Town Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Excellent value for an expensive city! Nice and clean.

Great vibes, very friendly hostel and free breakfast was definitely appreciated. Great location.

Akicafe Inn Guesthouse

Hiroshima, Japan

Good: close to train station. Curtains on each bunk. Beds brand new Less good: Not really a dorm room; space just closes with a plastic accordion door - you can hear everything in the other "dorm". Staff sometimes not there, yet front door unlocked. Anyone could walk in. Lockers provided though. One night the lights weren't turned off at all - not cool if you wake up to bright lights at 4am. Beds a bit squeaky due to newness. Mostly used by Japanese while I was there; not much of a party vibe.

Kyoto Hana Hostel

Kyoto, Japan

Oak Hostel

Tokyo, Japan

Wifi only in corridor, would be nice in rooms too. Dorms very spacious. Breakfast generous. Kind staff.

KEX Hostel