Ani & Haakien - Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands

This is one of the best hostels ever. The public room feels like you're at home instead of a hostel. The staff was awesome, they sell cheap beer and they have cheap laundry service which to me was a life-saver. The place seems really new and clean all over. My only complaint is the breakfast: everything was covered in sugar, no real nutrition anywhere. But other than that, I HIGHLY recommend this place to everyone. Only 5 minutes from the train station and an hour by train from Amsterdam, too!

• 24th Aug 2013

Charlie Rockets

Bruges, Belgium

We stayed in a 6-bed dorm. The location is great, real close to the Belfort. The security is somewhat lacking - the luggage storage was this old movie theatre in the back and it seemed like anyone could just walk in there. Also no lockers in the rooms. The bathrooms downstairs are appalling but upstairs where the rooms are, they were fine. The breakfast was simple but nice, there were eggs which is always a level up for us. All in all, worked out good for us for a day in Brugge.

• 23rd Aug 2013

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

We stayed in a 6-bed dorm. Naming the rooms after countries is a fun idea and the place is very personal style in other ways also. We backyard garden was cool and cozy. The dorm beds were kind of wobbly and there weren't electricity sockets for the upper beds, but everything else worked fine for us. The welcome shot of Borovička was the best! And the location is good, close to train station and walking distance to the old town. Would come again for sure.

• 20th Aug 2013
  • Finland

Hello, thanks a lot for your comment, we are looking forward to see you soon, and we`ll tell to bartender to get you some extra shot of brovička :))

Old Prague Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

We stayed in an 8-bed dorm. The hostel has a very personal touch and the rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. There should be more bathrooms, but other than that I have no complaints. The breakfast is very simple, but as a traveller trying to save money it means a lot to me that there is a breakfast at all. Good value for money, would recommend this hostel to others.

• 11th Aug 2013

Pal's Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

We were a little nervous beforehand, since the room with shared bathroom was SO cheap, we didn't know what to expect... but really it was just VERY good value for money. The place was always clean and had great facilities (free wi-fi, kitchen, bathtub). The staff was extremely friendly and gave good tips on where to eat at a reasonable price and all that. The location is unbeatable. When visiting Budapest, you can't do better than Pal's Hostel! Probably the best hostel I've visited so far.

• 5th Mar 2013
  • Finland

I highly recommend this establishment to anyone staying in Birmingham! The location is okay, but the real perk is excellent, helpful and exceptionally fun staff. The common areas are lovely and the whole place just has the most amazing character. The ONLY remark I had was the shower in the room - the water-pressure of it was annoyingly low. This is occasionally a problem in British accommodations. Even so, when traveling to Birmingham again, no question about it - I'll be staying at Hatters.

• 18th Feb 2011
  • Finland

Your so nice, we wrote a Hatters theme song for you! " Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot. Wouldn't you like to get away? Sometimes you want to go Where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came. You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same You wanna be where everybody knows Your name bada ba ba" Really, just off the top of our heads that was :-) Thanks for the review quiz queen!

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

This was my second time at Hilton Chambers and I have no need to ever stay in any other establishment in Manchester. The location is, in my opinion, PERFECT - close to so many pubs, record stores, and everything, really. The staff in most friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and clean and the common areas are just fine as well. No complaints what so ever. If you're spending a night or two in Manchester, this is the place to stay.

• 16th Feb 2011

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

I genuinely LOVED my stay at Abigails. It's amazingly cheap with such a center location, the rooms were very clean, and the common room was so homey. The breakfast was surprisingly adequate too, and the staff was very helpful. We were surprised to find out that the visitors were not allowed to use the oven in the kitchen, when otherwise the kitchen was allowed to be used? But, all in all, I will definitely stay in Abigails the next time I'm in Dublin!