• England, Male, 25-30
The LightHouse, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
7.4
4th Apr 2013

When we arrived at the hostel we were very disappointed because it appeared unclean and when we arrived in our private room it was very dirty and very hot. I was disappointed there was no AC in the room as the website stated it had. However after a couple of days, a combination of the friendly staff, other guests and great location the hostel grew on us. However if i was to return to Rio I would find alternative accomodation, such as Bossa in Santa Teresa.

• England, Male, 25-30
Bossa in Rio Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
27th Mar 2013

From arriving at the hostel to leaving we really enjoyed every minute spent there. It was very clean and the atmosphere was friendly and ejoyable. The staff were all helpful and knowledgable about the local area. If I was to return to Rio I would 100% stay here. The only negative was the local area in Lapa at night was slightly dodgy but that is no reflection on the hostel.