The Yellow

Rome, Italy

Overpriced. The showers are filthy with mould. Not worth the money. The only reason you would pay this much is if you are desperate to stay at the "it" hostel. There are others far more affordable who don't rip you off for drinks and food. It's close to Termini (5-6 blocks) and theres a nice small lounge area to relax with a small kitchenette (no oven etc) but massively overrated. Be prepared to get the minimum for your money!

Youth Hostel Anna

Santorini, Greece

This hostel has very basic facilities. Only a few showers which only get washed with water (no chemicals the whole time I was staying there) and the ladies bathrooms were constantly short on toilet paper. No good if your stomach is in a rush! In saying that, the atmosphere is great as all the travellers staying there are friendly and there is only one spot to hang out, on the tables by the road out the front of the main dorm rooms. The staff were not helpful. It's near to the beach not the town

Jimmy's Hostel

Paros, Greece

The property is clean and spacious. There are no bunk beds, just regular single beds which is a nice change. The wifi is only in the lobby area. The staff were not overly helpful (except the driver who was keen to give suggestions on things to do) and there is a STRICT noise curfew of 11pm. The night man even stands by to enforce this and you must exit the property if you want to socialise or go to bed! There are free transfers to and from the port.

There are a bunch of men that hang around (and live) at the hostel. They drink day and night and make the travellers feel uncomfortable with their comments. The hostel could do with a good clean. It's merely a place to sleep and have a chat with other travellers before heading out. I stayed here as a last resort during Jazz Fest but would not return any other time of year.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

The beds are SUPER comfortable! I would return definitely. The hostel has a nice vibe. You can relax in the loungeroom with a billion pillows or party in the dining room! Great location. Lockers with power inside so you can charge your electronics. I really liked this hostel. It was a bit noisy at night time.

Hostel Internacional Mendoza

Mendoza, Argentina

The hostel is a nice environment to relax and also meet people. I was very happy with my stay here except that pthe kitchen is constantly a disgrace. This is partly the travellers but the hostel made no effort to set an example by putting clean dishclothes out etc. People also smoked indoors. I would recommend this hostel. Tours were also good fun :)

Milhouse Avenue

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Milhouse is a clean party hostel. There's no place to relax properly but if you want to party then this place is perfect. The kitchen is big however lacks basic things like bowls. It was really difficult to cook in. The rooms were good but did not have a lot of PowerPoints to charge things. The dinner they put on was a rip off! A good hostel but only if you plan on partying!!! Hostel Arrabal on Salta is good if you want to chill out!

Tucano House Backpackers

Florianopolis, Brazil

Tucano wasn't as good as I expected. It was clean and fun but it was a long way from the shops and NO WHERE NEAR THE BEACH! I would stay in Barra da Lagoa rather than Lagoa de concieção if I returned. There's more to do. Dinners were good and most people joined in. Kitchen was also good if you want to cook your own food. The hostel runs tours every day but they were not amazing. They were good value though. (Cheap).

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This was the second time I stayed at LS. Great hostel but a bit pricey. In a nice area one block from the beach and one block from the shops where you can eat and buy clothes etc. Staff are helpful. Most travellers congrigate in common area which is small so it's easy to get to know people. Great place for solo travellers. There are no locks on the doors of rooms and I had two universal chargers nicked from here. But I'd still return!

Che Lagarto hostel Ipanema

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff were extremely rude. I waited many times at the reception desk with 2-3 staff in front of me, and not one acknowledged that I was there. Vivianna was the least helpful of all staff (blonde female staff member) and often refused to give assistance on how to get to places, or gave us incorrect information (perhaps in hope that we would join their overpriced tours). I was not impressed and would not return. I will also definitely be recommending my friends do NOT visit.

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff were really helpful, particularly Nino and Renato. They gave good advice on how to get to places and even after we left to go to another hostel (we could not get a booking at Lemon Spirit) we went back for advice and Renato was super helpful. So helpful that I will be returning!!! It would be good to have more space to relax (more hammocks, or beanbags etc) but overall I was really pleased and had a really lovely time! Thank you!