I had a great time at this hostel. It was my final destination for my six months around the world trip. The staff is friendly and gives you a warm welcome. Thank you for that Kelly. But also Marijn, Henry, Ryan and Aiden you all did a great job. You all give visitors a home feeling. One of the important things in a hostel. Only one thing what i missed about the building was a window to give us some fresh air. I know that is impossible to build but sometimes it was so hot inside..

• 28th Apr 2013

Bamber House

Auckland, New Zealand

A nice hostel to stay. Not to far from the city. Only one thing i didn't like about this hostel was that it was not quit around 11 pm. It was quit around 3 am or sometimes 4 am.

• 26th Apr 2013

Hi Nadia, thank you for taking the time to post a review. You booked an economy dorm for a Friday and Saturday night. We make clear that these rooms are cheaper because they are close to the entrance and social areas and this is a compromise you chose to accept by saving money. We endeavour to manage excessive noise throughout the week but you can appreciate on a Saturday night people will come in at all hours and more often than not want to use the kitchen (which your room was next to). We will continue to keep the kitchen open 24 hours as it is beneficial to early risers as well as night owls. We regret you didn't bring your trouble sleeping to our attention during your stay as we could have moved you upstairs into a more suitable room. Nevertheless, we hope you have a great time travelling NZ!