Billabong Hotel and Hostel, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
7th Oct 2016

Excellent hotel/hostel. Everything is done just right. A great place to stay and now my go-to place when visiting Phnom Penh.

Monkey Republic, Kampot, Cambodia
19th Jul 2016

Excellent guesthouse. This is easily the best guesthouse I've stayed at in Kampot. Clean comfortable rooms, friendly atmosphere, great bar and restaurant with excellent food and all very good value for money. Great location too in a quiet relaxed garden setting within walking distance of everything Kampot has to offer. I have also stayed in some of the other Monkey Republic places in Cambodia and they were equally good.

Billabong Hotel and Hostel, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
28th May 2016

Excellent accommodation, facilities and location. The staff and owner were also very helpful and could not have done more to help me find somewhere safe to keep my motorbike as the road outside the hotel was being ripped up and repaired the day I checked in. Definitely recommended.

Palm Garden Lodge, Siem Reap, Cambodia
2.0
28th Apr 2016

I was arriving at a bus depot outside of town and only chose this guesthouse as it offered free pick up. The staff confirmed the tuktuk pick up and time after I booked. When I arrived there was nobody to pick me up. I waited over 3 hours but they left me stuck several km away with no means of getting there. I called all 3 of their numbers 100 times in total but they did not pick up the phone once. 7 hours later when I had already had to stay elsewhere they called back to say they were too busy.

Lovely Jubbly Villa, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
17th Nov 2015

Generally a good place to stay. Clean and comfortable and the pool is a great bonus and a really good spot to relax. I would recommend this place. Main complaint is they've increased the food/drink prices by 10% recently but still show the old prices on the menus then charge you 10% more than stated. They just short change you by 10% and tell you it's an extra tax if you notice. It's misleading/dishonest and makes the bar/restaurant overpriced compared with everywhere else.

Palm Garden Lodge, Siem Reap, Cambodia
7th Aug 2015

Very good budget guesthouse. If you want somewhere that has everything you need but none of the extra frills you don't, then I'd definitely recommend this place. The room was clean, comfortable and perfectly adequate. The location is good. A few hundred meters walk to the busy bar area of pub street so walking distance but far enough away to be out of the tourist chaos. The room prices were good and included breakfast and airport/bus station pick up. Great value.

Lovely Jubbly Villa, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
16th Jun 2015

I've stayed in many hostels in PP over the years and this is my favourite. I booked it mainly for the pool but when I arrived I also found it to be a great place to stay. Good dorms, good bar and food, friendly atmosphere good value and very friendly and helpful staff.

Thanks for the amazing review. We hope to see you again soon next time you are in PP.

Touk Meas 2, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
2.0
12th Jun 2015

In over of 12 year of living and travelling in SE Asia this is by far the worst guest house I have ever visited. I would strongly recommend that you do not ever make a booking here. The behaviour of the staff and, in particular, the owner/manager was an absolute disgrace. I was shocked and appalled by the way they treated customers. As a result of this disgraceful guesthouse I lost the money I had already paid for the accommodation and had to find an alternative. I left feeling insulted.

Angkor Wonder Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
25th Jan 2015

I would definitely recommend this guesthouse. Good clean and comfortable rooms. Very friendly staff. Great location close to the action but not loud or busy. Great value.

The White Rabbit, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
7th Jan 2015

Pretty good hostel all round. Would stay again. This place has all the things you would expect from a guesthouse and is clean and comfortable without being spectacular. The only small suggestion I would make was that the lockers were all on the floor below. It would have been nice if they were in the dorm for easier access.

OKAY Guesthouse, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
16th Jun 2014

Good rooms, good location, very good value. This place is a very good budget guesthouse. Nothing fancy but has everything you need at a good price. I'd definitely stay again.

25th Nov 2013

The best place I've stayed in Phnom Penh.

• Albania, Male, 31-40
The Mad Monkey Siem Reap, Siem Reap, Cambodia
21st Nov 2013

Excellent guesthouse. One of the best I've stayed in. Clean, comfortable rooms, good bar, great food, good atmosphere and the swimming pool is a real bonus. Good location too. Just a couple of mins walk from the main area of bars, restaurants, markets, etc.

Lilly's Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
17th Nov 2013

Excellent location close to Khao San Rd but far enough away to be quiet. Very good value for an aircon dorm. Good no frills budget accommodation. The owner was very friendly and welcoming. The place could be a little more organised though.

Born Free Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
15th Nov 2013

Very friendly owners. Good comfortable, clean accommodation. Excellent value and a good location not too far from the main bars and restaurants but far enough away to be quiet and relaxing. The only thing I can think of to improve the place would be curtains in the dorms to keep out the sunlight early in the morning. I would stay again.

13th Sep 2013

I've stayed at several hostels in Phnom Penh and this is the best one in my opinion. There are other cheaper options but at this place everything is to a high standard and done just right. The staff are excellent too.

18th Aug 2013

One of the nicest guesthouses I've stayed at. Everything is done to a high standard. Spotlessly clean, wifi throughout. A comfortable place to stay with bar and restaurant areas which are good places to hang out and make friends. On the whole the staff were excellent too, very friendly and helpful. The only negative was that the restaurant was expensive by Cambodian standards. As the hostel is in an upmarket area of town, many of the surrounding bars/restaurants were also a bit pricey.

The White Rabbit, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
21st May 2013

Good, clean, comfortable hostel would be happy to stay there again. My only minor reservations were that the 4 bed dorm was quite cramped and the bar/restaurant a little expensive.

Serendipity Beach Hostel, Sihanoukville, Cambodia
17th May 2013

Nice clean dorms. Comfortable beds. Wifi throughout the accommodation and bar. The main negative was that the dorms were extremely hot. One slow ceiling fan which had little effect. I upgraded to the aircon dorm but even this was hot.

Koh Ru Island Resort, Sihanoukville, Cambodia
30th Apr 2013

Absolutely amazing place to stay. Awesome quiet private beach during the day along the whole length of the island. Resaurant and bar with great atmosphere at night. Chilled some nights, partying on others. Really friendly sociable place, great for meeting people. I wish I could have stayed forever.

Venezia Garden, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
6.0
13th Nov 2012

This hostel lies about its location. On map view on Hostelworld, the pin is right in the centre of town. The actual address of Venezia Gardens is no where near. It's actually about 3.5Km from the map location so took an hour to walk there with heavy bags. Avoid if you want to stay in the centre near Maliboro Street, T he place itself was decent enough with clean, comfortable dorms. However, at $10 for a dorm not great value. For that money you can get you a private room in a good location.

Thanks alot to give us some advice and review about our hostel. first thing is please read our all explaination carefully about our direction in our profile before you give us comment. about the price i just can answer of course you will get $10 with private room in good location, but we have own reason why we give the price $10 in dorm room in our hostel, and i hope you will understand us and we give you reasonable price. thanks alot and we hope we can serve you better in the future.

EDU Hostel Jogja, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
6.9
11th Nov 2012

Very clean, comfortable, well run. In theory an ideal hostel. It's a huge place with 300+ beds but somehow lacked any charachter or soul. It was also about 10-15 mins walk from the main tourist area, bars, restaurants, etc. For a dorm the price seemed a little high as private rooms can be found at about the same cost. High marks for the accommodation itself but location, atmosphere and value could be better.