• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
19th Sep 2015

Best hostel in Hongdae area. Staff are always friendly and will help you with anything. Price is very reasonable for dorms.

7.4
5th Sep 2015

Room was way too hot. AC romote not available for guests to use. Also, misquitos in the room maybe it difficult to sleep comfortably.

Atillas Getaway, Selcuk, Turkey
19th Aug 2015

This place is great. Staff are super friendly and were very willing to help us with anything, including transportation to and from the hotel. Like the name says, its an actual getaway away from the city in the countryside area nearer to Ephesus and Mary's house. It's a big private plaza with a swimming pool, volleyball court and bar. No city people to bother you. Quiet and relaxing. Dinner was great! A+

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
Kervansaray Hotel, Pamukkale, Turkey
17th Aug 2015

Sort of a family-oriented pension. Very nice, clean place with a swimming pool. Short walking distance from the attractions. You can buy dinner here or walk up the street to one of the local restaurants. Breakfast was included. Our private room was just fine for my girlfriend and I. I would recommend.

7.4
12th Aug 2015

Very basic cave hotel in the middle Gerome . Very comfortable room that was very cool despite the heat outside. Fine for hanging out. Staff are friendly enough. They just kind of sit around all day and smoke ciggarettes. One very friendly staff was in the middle of helping me book a tour when he left to take a break. The other staff member had no idea what I was talking about and I almost missed my tour. Decent place but there are nicer places nearby with swimming pools.

Istanbul Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
9th Aug 2015

Early morning/night staff doesn't speak much English but was helpful enough. Main guy is the best and will help in any way he can. Very affordable and security cameras everywhere so you are not likely to get anything stolen. Very easy about luggage storage and letting you hang out. Closest place to stay next to Hagia Sophia. A+

6th Jun 2015

Chingu Guesthouse was amazing as always. Very accomodating and the staff are very friendly. Always recommended if you are staying in Hongdae.

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback! We will be happy to host you again in the future! Take care and have safe travels!

2nd May 2015

Chingu Guesthouse was good as always. Staff are very friendly and greeted me as I walked up. I had to cancel one bed at the last minute and they were able to do it with no problems. Best place to stay in Hongdae area in my opinion.

JV's Hostel, Taipei, Taiwan
21st Feb 2015

Location is a bit obscure but the hostel's website provides excellent directions and once you find it, its just a short walk from the subway and airport shuttle. Staff were very patient and were happy to help us find all the worthwhile tourist attractions. Hostel has pretty much everything you might need (laundry, locker, kitchen internet etc). Dorms and beds were much nicer than some other places we have stayed. I'm guessing this is probably one of the most preferred and popular hostel in Taipe

Studios HK, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
6.0
14th Feb 2015

Staff were not very personable except for one younger person who was always polite and genuinely interested in helping. Room was separate from the main hostel/office which made it a bit annoying to go back and forth when we need something like coffee in the morning or any other information. We had to walk down several hallways, go down an elevator, go past a security door, go outside, cross the street, and go up another elevator. Good location in the center of the "Fashion Walk". Near subway.

7.7
25th Oct 2014

They were able to take us in last minute. Very convenient.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
11th Oct 2014

Enjoyed the free pb&j breakfast and coffee. thanks for having vegan-friendly bread. Friendly staff was fun to talk to. Dorm bed was cleaner and nicer than other hostels in the area. Far enough away from Hongdae to be quiet but not too far so that you can't walk.

Calypso Apartments, Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
5.7
13th Aug 2014

B/c of small size of hostel (12 beds total) owner will be in anticipation of your arrival and will situate you immediately. However, he only visits the hostel during a certain window of the day, so if you don't catch him, best communicate via written note. He kindly left extra blankets for us when requested, but they were stolen by other guests. Unfortunately, place is right next to a mosque whose prayer anouncement is extremely loud and will wake you up at 5am. Easy to find. Close to beach.

8th Aug 2014

This hostel seemed to have never received our hostelworld reservation when we arrived. However, Maya Guesthouse did an amazing job finding us another place to stay free of additional charge. The staff here are always smiling and eager to help in any way they can. They loaned us dvds to watch in our room, provided breakfast, and even helped find us food to order in the evening. Highly recommended place to stay. 15 min walk from the beach. 5 min walk from the main street.

4th Aug 2014

Staff are quite eager to meet your needs. They read hostelworld reviews and try to address any problems.

Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse, Seoul, South Korea
19th Jul 2014

I had booked two beds but needed to cancel one. Staff gladly allowed me to cancel without charging me for it. Very helpful in helping me safekeep my guitar. Friendly staff member even let me jam on his amp in the common area.

6.6
28th Jun 2014

I stay at this guesthouse all the time . But this time I had the misfortune to get assigned to the bottom floor. There is no hot water in the shower, no towels, no drinking water, and no ac. Totally inconvinient.

Dear Corey, We are so sorry to hear about your incoviniences at your last stay here. As a regular at our guesthouse, I am sure that you already know that for any problem any member of our staff is at your service. We appologise for what happened during your stay with us, and we are so sorry to hear about this only now, and not when you were here. We do hope to have you again here, and make it out for for everything what happened last time. Thank you!

6.6
21st Jun 2014

I didn't actually stay here. Apparently they had overbooked for the night that I booked my room so they had to turn us away. They were nice enough to refund my hostel world deposit.

Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse, Seoul, South Korea
6.9
26th Oct 2013

Nice place to stay just a short walk outside of the hectic part of Hongdae. Staff are always willing to help even after hours.

J-Hoppers Hiroshima Guesthouse, Hiroshima, Japan
12th Aug 2013

11th Aug 2013

Staff were very helpful. English-speaking staff went above and beyond to help us with directions and other issues. Even staff who did not speak English was very friendly and was as helpful as he could be.

29th Jun 2013

A nice place to stay. Stayed here twice now. A bit claustrophobic but good value for the money. Computers weren't working which was a bit of an inconvenience. I recommend the dorm room thats upstairs, away from front door and living room traffic.

28th Jun 2013

Our shower didn't have hot water and there was no thermostat that could be seen. If there was, the staff failed to tell us about it.

6.3
13th Apr 2013

I asked the staff for a locker but he was unable to help me for some reason. The bread that was offered was not vegan so we were unable to eat it.

Thank you for your reviews. and I'm sorry that our staff did not help you for the locker key. He said he was going to help you after what he had to have done. I will tell him not to forget. Or help first and working cleaning later. :) Thank you for having stayed with us. hope to see you again. Mary, hostess of Yellow Submarine.

Mojito Garden, Chiang Mai, Thailand
8th Jan 2013

This hostel is the best value you are likely to find for the money. There is a young guy who works here who is very helpful while most of the other staff dont speak much English. Rules are pretty loose and you can borrow bikes whenever you want. Internet is free but there is only one computer which is frustrating. The thing I would complain about is the damn misquotes. I got eaten alive. This is mainly because the dorms are basically just huts with no mosquito protection.

@Hua Lamphong, Bangkok, Thailand
7.7
29th Dec 2012

This hostel was overall very clean and was a great value for the money. However, I would NOT recommend booking ANYTHING through the hostel as far as transportation and tours. In fact I would highly WARN people to stay away from the booking they offer - though these things are a bit out of their control. Great location, right next to the train station, for easy access to subway and walking distance from palaces.”