JV's Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Location is a bit obscure but the hostel's website provides excellent directions and once you find it, its just a short walk from the subway and airport shuttle. Staff were very patient and were happy to help us find all the worthwhile tourist attractions. Hostel has pretty much everything you might need (laundry, locker, kitchen internet etc). Dorms and beds were much nicer than some other places we have stayed. I'm guessing this is probably one of the most preferred and popular hostel in Taipe

Studios HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Staff were not very personable except for one younger person who was always polite and genuinely interested in helping. Room was separate from the main hostel/office which made it a bit annoying to go back and forth when we need something like coffee in the morning or any other information. We had to walk down several hallways, go down an elevator, go past a security door, go outside, cross the street, and go up another elevator. Good location in the center of the "Fashion Walk". Near subway.

Seoul, South Korea

They were able to take us in last minute. Very convenient.

Seoul, South Korea

Enjoyed the free pb&j breakfast and coffee. thanks for having vegan-friendly bread. Friendly staff was fun to talk to. Dorm bed was cleaner and nicer than other hostels in the area. Far enough away from Hongdae to be quiet but not too far so that you can't walk.

Calypso Backpackers

Gili Trawangan, Indonesia

B/c of small size of hostel (12 beds total) owner will be in anticipation of your arrival and will situate you immediately. However, he only visits the hostel during a certain window of the day, so if you don't catch him, best communicate via written note. He kindly left extra blankets for us when requested, but they were stolen by other guests. Unfortunately, place is right next to a mosque whose prayer anouncement is extremely loud and will wake you up at 5am. Easy to find. Close to beach.

This hostel seemed to have never received our hostelworld reservation when we arrived. However, Maya Guesthouse did an amazing job finding us another place to stay free of additional charge. The staff here are always smiling and eager to help in any way they can. They loaned us dvds to watch in our room, provided breakfast, and even helped find us food to order in the evening. Highly recommended place to stay. 15 min walk from the beach. 5 min walk from the main street.

Staff are quite eager to meet your needs. They read hostelworld reviews and try to address any problems.

Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

I had booked two beds but needed to cancel one. Staff gladly allowed me to cancel without charging me for it. Very helpful in helping me safekeep my guitar. Friendly staff member even let me jam on his amp in the common area.

I stay at this guesthouse all the time . But this time I had the misfortune to get assigned to the bottom floor. There is no hot water in the shower, no towels, no drinking water, and no ac. Totally inconvinient.

Dear Corey, We are so sorry to hear about your incoviniences at your last stay here. As a regular at our guesthouse, I am sure that you already know that for any problem any member of our staff is at your service. We appologise for what happened during your stay with us, and we are so sorry to hear about this only now, and not when you were here. We do hope to have you again here, and make it out for for everything what happened last time. Thank you!

I didn't actually stay here. Apparently they had overbooked for the night that I booked my room so they had to turn us away. They were nice enough to refund my hostel world deposit.

Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

Nice place to stay just a short walk outside of the hectic part of Hongdae. Staff are always willing to help even after hours.

Staff were very helpful. English-speaking staff went above and beyond to help us with directions and other issues. Even staff who did not speak English was very friendly and was as helpful as he could be.

A nice place to stay. Stayed here twice now. A bit claustrophobic but good value for the money. Computers weren't working which was a bit of an inconvenience. I recommend the dorm room thats upstairs, away from front door and living room traffic.

Our shower didn't have hot water and there was no thermostat that could be seen. If there was, the staff failed to tell us about it.

Seoul, South Korea

I asked the staff for a locker but he was unable to help me for some reason. The bread that was offered was not vegan so we were unable to eat it.

Thank you for your reviews. and I'm sorry that our staff did not help you for the locker key. He said he was going to help you after what he had to have done. I will tell him not to forget. Or help first and working cleaning later. :) Thank you for having stayed with us. hope to see you again. Mary, hostess of Yellow Submarine.

Mojito Garden

Chiang Mai, Thailand

This hostel is the best value you are likely to find for the money. There is a young guy who works here who is very helpful while most of the other staff dont speak much English. Rules are pretty loose and you can borrow bikes whenever you want. Internet is free but there is only one computer which is frustrating. The thing I would complain about is the damn misquotes. I got eaten alive. This is mainly because the dorms are basically just huts with no mosquito protection.

@Hua Lamphong

Bangkok, Thailand

This hostel was overall very clean and was a great value for the money. However, I would NOT recommend booking ANYTHING through the hostel as far as transportation and tours. In fact I would highly WARN people to stay away from the booking they offer - though these things are a bit out of their control. Great location, right next to the train station, for easy access to subway and walking distance from palaces.”