H Rado Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Some of the staff were helpful. The location is central but it's on a busy street so it's VERY noisy! Not only do you hear street noise, you hear everything in the hallway and upstairs even with ear plugs. The place is constantly FREEZING and heaters either don't work or barely work. The washroom for our room was in the hall

• 17th Jul 2013

Dear Guest, I regret that you were not satisfied with the service provided. Yes, one the nights the heater in your room did not work. We called the service company and now it is fixed. Temperature is kept between 20 and 21C. The washroom was outside your room, because that is the room you reserved. Most rooms are ensuite., Next time I urge you to reserve one of them. If you are ever back in Chile, please come see us, we will try to make things right. Regards

Casa Aventura

Valparaiso, Chile

The location is good but this is a walking city so, personally, I don't think it matters too much which hostel you stay at. I found a dead bug under my covers (not a bed bug), my bed was a little damp, and the washrooms are clearly not cleaned daily (but they weren't gross). The place was always freezing; they have extra blankets in the rooms. Showers are always hot. Some of the staffs were very helpful and made excellent recommendations. Breakfast was great.

• 15th Jul 2013

Hostel Lao

Mendoza, Argentina

The staff are very helpful and welcoming. Certainly appreciate that beverages are sold in the hostel (at market rate). The washrooms are VERY clean; it looks like they're cleaned a couple times a day and trash is removed several times thoroughout the day. My only complaint is the cleaning staff went through the stuff I left on the floor and threw out what she thought was garbage.

• 13th Jul 2013

Terrazas Estoril

Buenos Aires, Argentina

You have to ring the door bell

• 9th Jul 2013

Mango Tree Hostel Bar

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Booked this hostel for 2 nights a couple months in advance. A week before we were to arrive, they emailed us saying they would be closed for one of the 2 nights we booked and asked if we still wanted the one night there, transfer both nights to their sister hostel for the same price (which had poor ratings), or get a refund. We opted for a refund and they directed us to hostel world instead which DOES NOT issue refunds for the deposit. No explanation as to why they suddenly closed for 1 night.

• 7th Jul 2013

Timbo Posada

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

The staff are the only good thing about this place. They are extremely friendly and more than helpful. The room and beds are damp, some of the outlets were not working, the washroom facilities (not the cleanliness) were atrocious with enough warm water for maybe 5 mins then it becomes cold (but not freezing). They serve you marble cake every morning which is odd.

• 7th Jul 2013