The Only Backpacker's Inn

Toronto, Canada

Far from the city centre, but right around the corner from Donlands subway station. Facilities are pretty basic, only 2 toilets. Breakfast was delicious, but it should start earlier than 9 am. Really wish there was a female only room; I had to change in the bathroom. Had it been fully booked that would have been really annoying.

• 4th Nov 2013

Island Guesthouse

Jeju Island, South Korea

love this place and will come back....super chill place in the country. The buses proved to be a challenge for me....but the owner was great at helping me. Pat Tomna's head for me, Ailing!

• 27th Sep 2013

Hi Elizabeth, Tamna is getting better now..she is recovering!!! She will jump and play with you next time!!! :) Hope to see you again...!!

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

the facilities (a pool!) and food are great, so is the location...but the staff aren't friendly and the room wasn't very clean and there was easily removable mold in the shower. It's a party hostel, so for most travelers I think this would be great, but I prefer quiet. Our tuk tuk driver, Keo, was amazing.

• 19th Sep 2013

Thanks for the review (I think). We are so much more than a party hostel though. Yes, we have a lively bar & restaurant but we also have a chill lounge on the upper floor, yoga & pilates & a cinema. Our staff aren't friendly? All the other reviewers must be wrong. Sometimes you get what you give. I will pass on your kind words to Keo, the smiliest tuk tuk driver in all Cambodia. Happy trails.

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Not fancy, but great value. Free laundry if you stay more than 2 nights. Facilities were limited, but staff was great. Limited wifi on top floor. Very helpful owner!

• 18th Sep 2013

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

I liked this hostel, but it didn't impress me. Location could have been a lot better. It was far from the nightlife.

• 31st Jul 2013

Piece Hostel Kyoto

Kyoto, Japan

Nicest hostel I have ever been to. Beds were more comfortable than the one waiting at home. Privacy even in the 18-bed room. Great breakfast, too. Only wish it was closer to the action, few blocks north of the station would have made it perfect.

• 27th Jul 2013