Reviews: midlifewanderlust1965

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 49

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

It proudly says it is the best hostel in Lithuania and I can see why. Everything there was perfect. It is worth staying here just for the waffles at breakfast in the morning. A large social area meant that everybody could meet up and chat. There was a lot to do in the evening as well.

City Hostel

Kaunas, Lithuania

This is a good little hostel. It is quiet and appears mainly to be used by out of town worker. However, this should not put you off staying here. The owner is very helpful especially with places to eat. It is a good base to explore Kaunas.

Kohver

Tallinn, Estonia

Excellent location in Tallinn. The old town is close by. The hostel itself served its purpose for a base. The dorms are large and the wi-fi is good. However, I thought that the bathrooms and toilets looked like they needed further work on them. The staff were helpful.

Looming Hostel

Tartu, Estonia

I enjoyed staying in this hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful. I loved the emphasis on the green issues. Everything is recycled. I liked the fact you could purchased clothes left by other travellers for a €1.00. It was quiet maybe because it was 15 minutes walk away from the city centre but I did not have a problem with that.

Seagulls Garret Hostel

Riga, Latvia

This is a excellent hostel. The location was not too far away from the bus station and close enough to the old town. The staff were friendly and understanding when I lost the key to my locker. I also eat the best meal when I was served dumplings by one of the staff.

Lisbon Destination Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

This is possibly the best hostel I've stayed in. The location inside the railway station was excellent. The facilities were first rate. Most importantly the staff made me feel so welcome. I am definitely coming back.

Grande Hostel de Coimbra

Coimbra, Portugal

Great old building and I loved the various areas you could go and chill. The terrace is also a excellent place to relax. Also close to the centre. It fitted the ambiance of Coimbra.

Braga POP Hostel

Braga, Portugal

Great location for the city. It was a great place to chill out.

Porto Lounge Hostel

Porto, Portugal

The location of the hostel was perfect for the city centre, the historic buildings and the nightlife. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Fulir Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Excellent location, right in the heart of the city.

Aladin hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Star Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Excellent place to chill out. Close to the centre. Great base to enjoy the amazing nightlife.

Hostel City Center Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

A good hostel where you can meet so many travellers. There are different areas where you can socialise. You are also close to the old town too.

Hostel Majdas (former Majdas Rooms)

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

It felt like home. You are treated so well. The breakfast and 5pm meal are worth the money. It is a good place to simply unwind. Try and ensure you get on the day trip. Sadly I did not. So I will have to come back again.

Hostel City Central Old Town

Dubrovnik, Croatia

All in all I enjoyed the hostel. The Wi-fi was a little unreliable. The location was excellent to get to and from the old town and the bus station.

Split Guesthouse & Hostel

Split, Croatia

Josko made it his business to introduce me to everybody in the hostel when I arrived. He made everyone feel welcome. Grandma's breakfasts are also good value for money. Could not recommend it more.

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

This is the best hostel I have stayed in. Relaxed friendly atmosphere and the staff were so helpful. I cannot wait to come back.

I thought the hostel was good overall. The only thing lacking was more power points for people to charge their equipment.