The Old Firestation has a cool environment and a lot of character, Ricardo was awesome introducing the hostel and it's facilities, but this is a hostel I would only stay in again if I were planning to party in Fremantle. The music was loud and continued late, which was fine, but there would periodically be extremely loud announcements over the hostel's PA system calling new players to the ping pong or pool table. I assume this was for beer pong, not table tennis.

• 26th Jul 2014

Global Central

Cairns, Australia

I stayed at Global Backpackers for 3 days during a ScubaDiving course with ProDiveCairns, and one night after before heading to the airport. The first 3 nights I was in a all-girls 8 bed dorm room on the second floor where the room was clean and the bathroom kept in an acceptable state. The one night I stayed here before leaving, I was put in a mixed 8 bed on the first level where people had clearly been living for awhile. It was disgusting and the bathroom (shared by the entire floor) was also.

• 18th May 2014

Awesome hostel! The included breakfast is fantastic, the staff are great, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I would totally stay here again when I'm back in San Francisco :)

• 6th Nov 2013

We genuinely appreciate your positive feedback. It's fantastic to hear you had such a great stay with us in San Francisco. From the bottom of our hearts, we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

We had a great experience at USA Hostels Hollywood. We did not spend much time at the hostel other than to sleep and have breakfast, but it seemed to have a great ambiance and offered tours and activities at a reasonable cost. It was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Also, it had a great breakfast included in the cost per night. I would definitely recommend staying here :)

• 4th Nov 2013

Hostel Beautiful 2

Rome, Italy

We were very disappointed in our stay at this hostel at the end of March 2013. The night staff was unhelpful and the hostel seemed sketchy. The entrance from the street was always ajar and the rooms have shared keys. I wouldn't recommend stand at this hostel, but I hear that most hostels in Rome are poor quality.

• 27th Mar 2013

St Christopher's Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

This is such a great hostel! Great location, great staff, great facilities, great value for money, if you are able to make a reservation here for your stay in Barcelona, you won't be disappointed!

• 25th Mar 2013

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

I was very impressed with this hostel! It has a good location, is well priced, and quite clean. The bathrooms and kitchen are modern, and the staff turns the stoves off at 11pm in order to keep the noice level down for the people staying in rooms nearby. Also they offer free pasta and have ice skates available to borrow without charge. The only thing that I disliked about this hostel is that bed linen is not included. It is however, available to rent at reception.

• 24th Mar 2013

Hi there, glad you had a nice time staying here! It's a Scandinavian thing, the bed linen not being included in the price. Our staff costs are about ten times higher than for instance in Poland, so we really need to cut costs where we can to keep our prices as low as possible. So when the guests bring their own bed linen both they and we save money. If you're planning on travelling around Sweden it's a good idea to bring an old set of bed linen. On your last stop you can always throw them away to make room in the backpack for any new souvenirs you may have bought! Lena

City Hostel Geneva

Geneva, Switzerland

I had a great time at Geneva City Hostel! It was warm and comfortable, and a great value in such an expensive city! Also, a great location, very close to the main train station which has access to many of the tram lines. If I ever go back to Geneva, I'll be staying here!

• 2nd Dec 2012