Enjoy Da Lat Hostel, Da Lat, Vietnam
7.1
14th Feb 2014

When I had to postpone because of personal emergency, the owner(?) emailed me back, expressed concern for my situation, and said not to worry about the reservation, they would hold a bed for me whenever I arrived. Atmosphere is pretty social, oguests seemed quite friendly with one another, and did activities together. Location is good, near the market, but down an alley off the street which makes for a quiet space in a noisy neighborhood. Beds are very hard, space cramped. I was uncomfortable.

Hoa Binh Hotel, Hoi An, Vietnam
7.4
9th Feb 2014

Was upgraded to superior double due to booking error, but had to move rooms for the next night. Miscommunication landed us in a room with one bed when we wanted two, but staff resolved it after some insistence and all was well. Bonus: bathtub! Breakfast buffet is ample,offerings change from day to day, made to order omelette and pancakes. Pool in the rear lobby is odd, but inoffensive. Didn't see anyone use it during my stay.

Hue Backpackers Hostel, Hue, Vietnam
8.0
8th Feb 2014

Hostel staff were friendly, funny, and helpful. 10 bed female dorm was a little cramped, and at times there was a queue for the single ensuite, but each bed had large lockable storage, a light and a power point. Overall the hostel is clean and well run, and is a great place to meet other travelers. The location is convenient, but touristy, so be prepared, however, to be harassed by vendors, motorbike drivers, and restaurant personnel as you walk down the street the hostel is on.