Hostella Female Only

Rome, Italy

Nice hostel, very close to the Termini train station. Clean, good wifi and nice facilities.The lock-out was a new concept to me. For me the ambiance was a little weird with only girls, but if that's what you're looking for, you'll have a great stay!

Astor Museum Inn

Happened to be a great stay in Astor Museum Inn. Location is great, opposing the British Museum and very close to the underground. Breakfast was simple but sufficient. Love it that you can make coffee/tea all day long. Great cooking facilities (although we didn't use them). Enough space in dorms, enough power outlets, great WiFi everywhere in the hostel (even on the top floor). They forgot to change the sheets in our dorm when people left, but fixed it as soon as we noticed it.

Hi Florianne, Thanks for your comments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our facilities. We are working hard on improving the hostel and your feedback helps us a lot. Safe travels, The Astor Museum Team.

Buddha Hostel Medellin

Medellin, Colombia

Besides of the 20 minute walk to the nearest Metro station and the chaotic welcome (room wasn`t ready at 11 pm), I had a very good time in Buddha Hostel. Nice kitchen, good WiFi, pretty garden, chill TV room, spacious dorms, lockers, hot showers, close to supermarkers etc. The twin brothers of reception are really nice. One of them even went out to buy paper to print out my bustickets very last minute. There is a lack of power outlet in the dorms though.

Makako Chill Out Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

Beds are ok, WiFi works in common area, not in most rooms, only two bathrooms, small kitchen (not well equiped), staff is friendly. While I was very enthusiastic at first, my opinion changed very much during my stay. I had to switch rooms and while I was promised a discount, in the end it turned out I had to pay full price. Lockers are very small. When you want to storage your luggage you have to pay $2000 a day, which is a lot. Up front we were told it was for the entire period.

The Cranky Croc Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

WiFi had a lot of problems while I was there and you have to pay (!!) to use the computers with internet. Staff wasn´t very friendly and more busy with themselves than to answer any of your questions. Lockers with power outlet where great, allthough a couple of them where impossible to open or close in our room. I only found one shower, which I think is not a lot for the amount of people sharing it. Also it was the most dirty shower I came across during 6 months of travel and was not cleaned.

Park Life Hostel

Popayan, Colombia

Very nice and chill hostel! Clean bathroom, excellent kitchen, great lounges and the best location ever! WiFi works great, though it is a pity you have to pay if you want to use the laptop. Staff is very friendly and helpfull and can tell you all about Popayan and neighbourhood. You should definitely stay here!

The Secret Garden Quito

Quito, Ecuador

Nice hostel with amazing food to order. The roof terrace has great views over the city. A pity WiFi did not work in the rooms and that the blankets were a little thin for the cold Quito nights. Walking distance of the centre. The free coffee, tea and filtered water were the best!

Hostel Kokopelli

Lima, Peru

Smallest double room we´ve ever stayed in! Besides the bed there was almost no room to put our stuff. Besides that the room was too hot to stay in anyways, so the space issue was not that big of a problem. Very noisy at night, because located next to a busy street but besides that very fine. Nice staff, working WiFi, decent breakfast, etc.

• 5th Apr 2013

Hostel Del Barco

Huacachina, Peru

Most unfriendly staff I came across in Peru. There was no water in our bathroom and they didn´t seem to care about it. We had to ask deveral times, and were told that somebody should have told us that the water was down in the entire town (which wasn´t the case). Finally they put on rainwater which was cold and brown. Rooms very basic, no WiFi and a very dirty pool. Consider spending a little more in Huacachina in stead of choosing this hostel. There are way better places.

• 2nd Apr 2013

Amazing Hostel Arequipa

Arequipa, Peru

Lovely hostel within 10 minutes walking of the main plaza. Great rooftop terrace, working WiFi and very friendly staff. The activities they offer are slighty more expensive than you find in the centre, but definitely worth the money. Breakfast was great (bananapancakes!), rooms are spacious and lots of things to do (games, pool table etc).

• 29th Mar 2013

Most unfriendly staff I ever came across during my travels. Although the check-in says "anytime" you´re most definitely not welcome anytime. Even using facilities to making a cup of tea after a long busride was almost impossible. Check in time was uncertain when we asked and the hostel lady picked a fight after our question why the website mentioned "anytime" then. She literaly shouted at us in a very hostile way. No WiFi, showers that are either too hot or too cold and one bathroom´s a mess.

• 7th Mar 2013

HI-Onkel.Inn 1886

La Paz, Bolivia

• 3rd Mar 2013

Tango Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

I hated the fact that it was not possible to check in early after a long busride, I just had to wait 3 hours. The beds were instable and the curtains didn´t block light from the street. Very noisy. Staff could be more friendly (e.g. not get angry) if guests decide to do something else than what the staff tells them to do. Impossible to fit your backpack in the lockers (closet with shelves), though they oblige you. Also guests are blamed for not cleining the bathroom. Showering almost impossible.

Hostel Suites Mendoza

Mendoza, Argentina

Great place. Little werid though that they charge you more if you did not book through hostelworld. Very friendly staff, just not at 2.30 in the morning (we were not even told where our bedroom was, or at what time the breakfast started). Bathrooms are a complete joke! Everything is always soking wet due to the construction of the drainage. Maybe put something in each bathroom to get guests drying it.

Casa Kreyenberg

Valparaiso, Chile

Amazing hostel to stay in Valparaiso! Had a really great time! Rooms were big and clean and had a great atmosphere.

Hostel One way

Pucon, Chile

I think for the price they could include a small breakfast. Hated the fact that you always had to put on the hot water. That's very inconvenient when you just want to wash up a single plate. Rooms are very small to put 4 big backpacks in. Something to dry the showers with would come in handy not to create a bath in the bathroom.

Periko's Youth Hostel

Bariloche, Argentina

Hospedaje Costanera

Punta Arenas, Chile

We had two amazing nights at Costanera Hostel. The couple that runs the place is very friendly and lovely. We made a mix up with our booking, but it was no problem at all. Most comfortable bed I have slept in for weeks. Breakfast was great as well: first place I run into in South America that offers cheese instead of only dulces and had brown bread as well! They hooked us up with a tour to the penguin island and brought us to the port. Really recommendable!

El Diablo Tranquilo

Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

The rooms were extremely overprized. For the busy season they have spare rooms out of concrete with bunks of wood that didn´t had any treatment. Lots of splinters, no possibility to climb in there and when I wished to change beds they made a really bg problem about it. They have a cancellation policy which is bizar and extremely overprized as well. Breakfast was simple.