Mithila Hotel

San Francisco, USA

Like stepping back in time (or into your grandma's house) and the room was hilariously bad (yeah, the radiator even made gurgling sounds then leaked all over the floor). Breakfast was better than no breakfast and the staff were nice, especially the cute indian girl that told me about buses Due to the cost and decent location (we walked to most places except golden gate & height ashbusy), we really didn't care about the tv being stuck on one channel etc. I would even stay again - it's a good base

• 25th Mar 2013

The kitchen and free computers were a godsend. However, the room was decorated like a prison cell and didnt have a blind. The lounge area was not used by us as we felt pressured to by drinks. However the kitchen was lovely.

• 26th Feb 2013

It's a modern Hostel so all things are very clean and its perfect for backpackers who wanna chill and sightsee and cook their own dinners. We met some nice people here too but there were also some really pretentious long term cleaner guests. I prefered the Ks house in Tokyo but did like this hostel too. It's a shame they don't have free computer internet use like all the other hostels we've stayed at in Japan (apart from the other Ks house). We walked everywhere from here! :) Would recommend.

• 21st Feb 2013

Guest House Bola-Bola

Kyoto, Japan

The lounge area was nice, the house was very traditional and was in a lovely area withing walking distance of the golden pavillion (we walked anyway) and Arashiyama (gorgeous area). The man who lives there with his family was very kind. He let us check in mega early and gave us both presents (really nice biscuits) when we left. He made us feel comfortable by turning on heaters and stuff too. My only negative was the cold in our room. It was freezing and we had to sleep with our clothes on.

• 16th Feb 2013

The staff were really lovely, especially Mio and Yayoi. The free drink night (weds) was good fun & it really created a good atmosphere. It was a great place to meet new people and the kitchen facilities were good. The lounge was perfect to chill out in after long days walking round Tokyo. Room was a little cold but we just snuggled up more. Everything else about it was fine and what I would expect in a modern hostel. Overall I felt really comfortable here and would definitely return/recommend.

• 29th Jan 2013

Thank you very much for your warm message! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and free drink night. We are looking forward to seeing you guys agan!

Banana Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Banana hostel is super clean and super comfortable. The separate kitchen was a real bonus as were the free bananas and banana cake. The owners keep it real clean.. Maybe even too clean if I'm totally honest. The atmosphere was generally good, although was kept awake a couple of nights by people talking but that's not the hostels fault! When there was no-one else there it felt like our very own luxury flat. Maybe they could make it clearer to guests that the door should be locked when leaving.

• 25th Jan 2013

Thank you for rating us highly. We're really trying to keep it as clean as possible, if it's too much for you, we apologize. As for the noise in the night, we've post a sign to tell people to keep volume down after 9pm, let's hope it will be working:)

Parachute Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

The communal area upstairs was absolutely heaven. Really made me feel at home! The computer was the quickest I have used at a hostel too. The staff were friendly and was nice to have an animal in the hostel too. Katie was extra friendly (and very pretty)! The bathroom was in the corridor which was annoying as could hear people drying their hair very late at night/morning. Also the bed was uncomfortable so I slept badly. A shame as the hostel was great til I tried to sleep! P.s good cafe too!

• 23rd Jan 2013

Walkers' Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Large room (double) and comfy bed. I slept really well here as was quiet and other guests were respectful. Location is pretty perfect (right next to Da'an MRT). Over 9 days I stayed in 3 hostels in Taipei. Overall this was my least favourite but is still a very good.

• 21st Jan 2013