Location Singapore, Gender Male, Age 23

Old Penang GuestHouse, Penang, Malaysia
2nd Dec 2015

Great stay! This is not your party hostel so if you want some quiet space, this is perfect. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful when answering the many questions I had.

Comfort Hostel HK, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
7th Aug 2015

Stayed here for two nights. Great location at an affordable price. Lockers in the room are also very spacious!

Clock Inn Colombo, Colombo, Sri Lanka
5th Dec 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff are very helpful and professional! Enjoyed every bit of my short stay here.

Kathmandu Madhuban Guesthouse, Kathmandu, Nepal
28th Mar 2014

Had a comfortable stay at Madhuban for three nights. A stones throw away from all eating and shopping places in Thamel.

The Mountain House Pokhara, Pokhara, Nepal
17th Mar 2014

The family who runs this guesthouse were really welcoming and were amazing hosts. From the moment we stepped in, they looked after all our needs and ensured that we had a comfortable stay. Definitely one of the best places I have stayed in. Worth every cent - you would want that long hot shower after your trek. Ah, they were also able to give us a great deal for our Paragliding so that was a huge plus. Highly recommend The Mountain House to everyone who is visiting Pokhara!

Funky Monkey Hostel, Vientiane, Laos
12th Mar 2014

Was hoping for a good rest before an early flight the next day but this was ruined by a small group of people who were making way too much noise. Quite a number of us were disturbed actually. Other than this unfortunate incident, the stay at the hostel was great. Breakfast starts at 7 but the staff went the extra mile to prepare an early one for me before departure.

Central Backpackers Hostel, Luang Prabang, Laos
8th Mar 2014

Stayed here for four nights, got 'upgraded' to 4 bed dorm. Staff was really helpful with my queries. Laundry was also done fast. Location a little far from the centre - about 10 to 15 minutes walk. Wifi in the dorm I stayed in was poor. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. Will recommend to others.

Pans Place Guesthouse, Vang Vieng, Laos
6th Mar 2014

Great value for money! If you are feeling lazy to go out, they have a movie room with hundreds of movies to choose from! Nice quiet location. Wifi in the room I stayed in wasn't very good. Would really recommend this place.

Thanks for the review. The wifii only works in the front of the main house, There are a few rooms that can get the signal, but we make that clear when you arrive.

Sihome Backpackers Hostel, Vientiane, Laos
3rd Mar 2014

Arrived late at night so they only had a bed for me at Sihome Garden. No complains, really enjoyed my stay here. Staff was very helpful with the queries I had and also suggested placed I could go to around the area. Place is quiet at night and there is air condition in the room. Yes, the number of toilets for the dorms is limited but I never had to queue or anything.

Southern Fried Rice, Phuket, Thailand
2nd Mar 2014

Stayed here for one night. Nice quiet location, about 10-15 minutes walk to the beach. Booked a minivan ticket to the airport in the afternoon through them and paid for it only to be told the following morning that minivan wasn't available and that I have to take a cab. The owner was nice enough to help pay part of the cab fare so thankful for that.

Som Guesthouse, Phuket, Thailand
8.0
1st Mar 2014

Stayed for one night. The staff were very helpful in answering all my queries. A little far from the main scene of Patong but that allowed me to have a good sleep. Wifi in the room was really poor.

Slumber Party Hostel, Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand
26th Feb 2014

Stayed here with a friend for a couple days. Loved it so I booked an additional day after my friend left. A little expensive if you are staying alone. The private room we stayed in had amazing views of the mountains.

Colombo Lavinia Beach Hostel, Colombo, Sri Lanka
26th Dec 2013

Location. Location. Location. Its a minute walk to the beach! The beach, although a little crowded, was clean and had some great restaurants by the side. The friendly owner of the guest house couldn't give us the room we wanted but it wasn't a problem as the room we got was just as good. They checked to see if all our needs were met and apologised a few times for the unfortunate circumstance. - The fans in the room were really old and dirty. Needs to be changed!

Majestic Tourist Hotel, Kandy, Sri Lanka
24th Dec 2013

+: Location (Get a room with a balcony. It overlooks the beautiful mountains in Kandy and with the cool temperature, the balcony was the perfect place to read a book and drink tea.) The owner of this guest house was really friendly and welcoming. Gave us all the info we needed and ensured that we had the perfect stay. And he cooks really well! Stay comes with free breakfast. The rooftop restaurant is a huge plus, overseeing the beautiful mountains. I highly recommend you to stay here!!!

Galle Paradise Hostel, Galle, Sri Lanka
5.4
23rd Dec 2013

+ : Location! Minutes from Galle Fort and the bus/train station. - : I have nothing but positive feedback for all the guest houses I stayed in except for this one. Thank God it was for only one night or the mosquitoes would have sucked every bit of blood out of me. No mosquito nets and the bed was uncomfortable to sleep on. There was hardly any light in the room (the only light was really dim) and the fan hardly turned. Was glad to check out early the next day!

Hornbill Holiday Home, Colombo, Sri Lanka
21st Dec 2013

The rooms were just like in the hotels, air conditioned and I was really pleased with their security (I was given three keys for the main gate, common room and then our room). There were also a lot of info booklets on Sri Lanka and Colombo in the common room and a satellite television.

8.0
20th Dec 2013

Plus: 1. Location (5 mins walk to Negombo beach and 5 mins tuk-tuk to rail station) 2. Spacious room with satellite TV and an attached toilet 3. Mosquito nets provided. Minus: 1. Although highly rated by many travellers, it felt like we were the only ones staying at the hostel. 2. There was construction going on at the back but that didn't really affect us too much.

Little Hanoi Hostel, Hanoi, Vietnam
11th Nov 2013

Real value for money! Four of us stayed in one room for four nights. We paid a little over five dollars each per night. For that we got - free breakfast every morning, free coffee/tea and fruits at the reception, a mini fridge, a satellite TV, air conditioned room, our own wash room, room service (they gave us new towels every day and also did the beds for us) and the staff were great in answering our queries and helping us to book tours on a really short notice. Why wouldn't you stay here?!

NgocThao GuestHouse, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
10th Nov 2013

The hospitality of the staff was brilliant! They took really good care from the moment we checked in. We also got a detailed where to eat, shop and see guide from them.

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
30th Jun 2013

-The strength of the wifi in the rooms can be improved. -Loved the quiet and cozy atmosphere in the lounge. -Rooms/toilet were kept spotless. -Security was good; doors are kept locked and a bell will have to be pressed before entering.

• Bangladesh,