Diamond B&B

Rome, Italy

Helpful staff. 24hr reception is big plus. No locks on doors - just the receptionist to keep an eye on things. Please don't call yourself a b&b if you don't actually provide breakfast.

2A Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Key cards for rooms and personal locker which is locked by key card - possibly most secure hostel I've stayed in. Having to get a password for an hour of internet each time is a drag. Beds are good - can be noisy if your room looks out over the railway station. Location: takes about 45mins/hour to walk to centre but metro very close to the hostel.

• 18th Oct 2013

St Christopher's Berlin

Berlin, Germany

These guy are good and whenever I got to a new city I'll check if there a St Christopher's Inn because you know you'll get good quality. Staff are very personable and helpful. All you can eat breakfast. Location is fantaastic - just round the corner from Alexanderplatz so save a lot of cash by not having to buy metro tickets.

• 16th Oct 2013

Pop' Hostel

Avignon, France

Can't beat it for location - right on the Rue de Republique. The two girls who worked the desk and looked after me during my stay were fantastic. Very friendly and excellent English. Always made sure I was comfortable. For example, when I arrived around lunchtime the room was not ready due to circumstances outside the hostel's control. The girls apologised for this and insisted I receive free drinks from the hostel bar that evening, which was a very nice and appreciated touch.

Alberguinn Youth Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Great staff - very helpful regard tourist info. Even said they'd make an exception and put on breakfast at 0530 for me as I had an early morning train to catch - talk about going the extra mile! Easy walking distance from Barcelona Sants and near a metro stop - so easy to get around the city from the hostel.

The House Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Really excellent hostel - friendliest staff I've stayed with - great people to have a drink with downstairs in the evening

Great location and great security - staff really friendly and helpful - especially the girl running the check in desk and the chilean guy running the bar. The bar is a big plus

• 29th Nov 2012

hi there. thanks for the feedeback. happy new years and save travelling :)

Hostel Hutteldorf

Vienna, Austria

Breakfast was good and rooms were fine. One point of complaint though. Most people staying at hostels are not complete idiots. If I go down to the reception and tell staff that my keycard isn't working I don't expect to be told to go back upstairs and try again for up to three times before the member of staff eventually comes up with me and discovers, oh yes, it's not me being retarded - my keycard actually doesn't work.

• 20th Nov 2012