Location: Ireland, Gender: Male, Age: 36

Nice hostel

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Globetrotter

Yeahh¡¡¡ Thanks for your comments.

Smart Sea View Brighton

Brighton, England

Nice location near the sea front

• 8th Mar 2014

Sky Backpackers

Great Place

• 22nd Feb 2014

Thanks for the wonderful review! Carla - Manager

Volver Beach Hostel

Gran Canaria, Spain

The outside bed on the terrace is easily the best hostel bed in the world.

• 18th Dec 2013

Very nice staff

• 19th Jun 2013

La Banda Rooftop Hostel

Seville, Spain

Easily the best hostel in Seville and one of the best around.

• 23rd May 2013

Amistat Beach Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

I've stayed in 100+ hostels, so I know a good hostel when I see one, and this is one of them. It’s so close to the beach with the naturist beach being the closest, which is probably unique for a hostel. Common room, kitchen, TV lounge are all perfect and designed to be sociable, along with the best WiFi ever. Excellent staff (who remembered my name). A very environmental hostel and I loved the automatic minimal lighting overnight. Very easy to get too from the centre and Poblenou was very nice

• 18th Apr 2013

Phoenix Hostel

Whoever invented the triple high bunk should be shot. But other than that this is a good hostel and well worth the money.

• 13th Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

As a rule I try not to pay more than £15 to stay at any hostel, but I would happily pay £25 again to stay here. Cleaner than a hospital and I probably had the best sleep I've ever had in a hostel. Loved the huge common room, very well thought out and laid out. If you want to mix we others you can, if you want to spend some time on your own you can. Only let down by its staff who would not even look up to say hello everytime I walked past reception to leave and enter. Criminal that for a hostel.

• 11th Apr 2013

Hostel Miles

Prague, Czech Republic

Excellent hostel in a brilliant location. Ticks all the boxes and amazing value for money.

Check In Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Thank you so much for letting me go to my room early and then opening the room door for me as I couldn't do it myself after a big night out in Berlin. Top customer service that.

Excellent value for money in a very nice area. Really good free breakfast. Top hostel.

Thank you very much for your very kind words and your 100% rating. Travel Joy Hostels.

Queen Elizabeth Chelsea

You walk in and think "christ, another dying London bar masquerading as a hostel".A microwave in a corner is not a kitchen, its not even a kitchenette. Surrounding two dominant TV's with chairs do not create a social atmosphere.They kill it. Whoever invented triple high bunks should be shot. Putting two into a 10'x8' size room is just greed. £14 for 2 nights is just acceptable, do not pay anymore. Dirty manager=dirty hostel. Save yourself travel time and money and book a genuine hostel elsewhere

Caledonian Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Can't believe the same staff work it since my first visit two years ago. And it really shows in the atmosphere which was dire. Very fast wifi but everyone spends most of their time on it. Better value, better located and (apart from the bar staff ) much better staff in other hostels in Edinburgh.

Blue Sky Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

A proper hostel - clean, cheap, fun staff and guests. Now name another hostel in Glasgow with an outdoor jacuzzi? Exactly you can't and for that alone this place gets top marks as it tells you the hostel wants its guests to have a fun time ... which we all did. Will stay again.

• 20th Sep 2012
  • Mixed Group

ACBB Hostel Niagara

Niagara Falls, Canada

Forget about what the Lonely Planet say about Niagara Falls, there’s so much more to it than just the main strip and Patrick and his staff will guide you to it. Excellent hostel and cant rate highly enough.

• 6th Sep 2012
  • Mixed Group

Clarence Castle

Toronto, Canada

Very good location as it’s quiet at night even though right in the city centre and my bunk was brand new, very comfortable and I slept like a baby.

• 3rd Sep 2012

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

Best looking hostel staff ever

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

Dont bother with any of the local sights, this hostel has them all working for them. Stayed in a lot of hostel but never one where all of the female staff where that hot. Ill be staying again just for the view.

• 30th Apr 2012

YHA Oxford

Oxford, England

Compared to the other two hostels in town which I stayed at this is the by far the best value for money, but my god the staff on reception were poor. The most unenthusiastic i've come across, I actually felt unwelcomed.

• 1st Apr 2012
  • Globetrotter

Very good staff and way better than my last visit 6 months ago. Very near to Victoria train and rail station so if you just need a bed for a night or two in between journeys you cant go wrong here. The 8 foot high triple bunks are a bit much though, especially if on the top and a young couple are fornicating on the bottom; I'm not joking, I was actually holding on for my life and almost got sea sick as well.

• 30th Mar 2012

Astor Victoria

Excellent location and Pat on reception was great, gave me a little tip that saved me a couple of quid and really appreciated. Good value.

• 29th Mar 2012

The Comfy Hostel/Studios

Corfu, Greece

Excellent value for money as your getting a twin room for the price of a dorm bed and free WIFI as well. Thelma & Spiros are very nice hosts, and got me a very good deal for a scooter with a local rental company too. Near a swimming pool and very close to the beach, shops, tavernas and bars. An excellent location for summer and very easy to get to from the airport.

Corfu Backpackers

Corfu, Greece

Not my idea of a hostel as the place is huge and very much a money trap and at times I felt I was in a sales environment. But if your wanting to splurge and enjoy a bit of debauchery during the summer go for it as you can't go wrong (jizzcuzzi!) Rent a scooter and explore the area as the hostel is located in the better part of the island; some excellent beaches and villages short drives/hikes away. Some nice staff here and their cook does magic as the food was excellent. Friendly dogs too

Edinburgh, Scotland

Good staff, good hostel and excellent value for money

Inverness Tourist Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

Clean, cheap and with a very very good atmosphere created by the staff who were brilliant. Lots of stuff for free and the games room is brilliant. I really wasn't expecting much when I booked, but staying here has been one of the highlights of my trip so far. A hostel is more than just a cheap place to stay and this place really gets it. Good times and thanks for the memories guys

Wow, we couldn't have said it better ourselves. Thanks for the review and take care.

Good hostel, comfortable beds and excellent value for money. Central location but suffers because of this as my room was over a very busy and noisy road.

• 18th Dec 2011

Inverness Tourist Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

A proper hostel that understands what backpacking and hostels are all about, which is becoming more & more rare these days. The location, price and atmosphere are excellent. People were playing the piano and guitars and then we all headed out on a pub crawl. My second stay in two months and the new staff have the place really clean now.

• 12th Sep 2011

Birmingham Central Backpackers

Birmingham, England

A proper hostel that understands what backpacking and hostels are all about, which is becoming more & more rare these days. Cheap, clean, free breakfast, free evening snacks, free computers & wifi, free towels & something on every night ... the list goes on. Brilliant location as well and very near the bus/train stations and the Bullring markets where food is extremely cheap. Stayed at the other hostel in Birmingham and really regret that now as it just doesn't compare to this place.

• 21st Aug 2011

Proper old school hostel

• 29th Jun 2011

Proper hostel

• 28th Jun 2011

The Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Sterile hostel and was happy to be moving on. Too many signs all over the place with instructions or rules, old worn uncomfortable mattresses in my dorm, poor showers and just a general feel that the place was not customer friendly. Staff wouldn't do me any favours with getting my laundry done(extra mile?), asked for the wifi password I get a finger that points to another sign, no power points in room(for safety!), no night staff ... everything on their terms and that's it. Horrible place.

Ashton House Hostel

Manchester, England

Very nice and helpful lady on reception, very good security, cheap stay and breakfast included. Showers, toilets and common area were very dirty during my first night stay. Showers were not cleaned at all during my whole stay and the same dirty underwear, towels and empty shower gel bottles were still lying around. Nice sit down showers but the water doesn't drain so your left with someone else's dirty water all over the place. No heating in dorm or common room.Good convenient location.

Astor Hyde Park

You could tell the staff all lived there and had "I hate my life" written all over their faces. So uninterested it was comical. But £24 in a 9 bed dorm is excellent value for a Saturday night on a bank holiday weekend in London. A clean hostel. Very hot in my room even with the windows open and a fan on. Excellent kitchen and lounge. In a leafy, clean area of London, and you can smell the money in the air, but boring and you'll be spending cash to get the Tube to go to other places.

Good hostel to use for one or two nights as very close to Victoria station. I hope the key codes for main door and rooms are changed regularly as it is very easy to get up to the rooms through the bar; seven times I walked through with no questions asked or even a look, so use the lockers. Sleep disturbed a lot as triple high bunks were noisy and moved a lot. Room had no place to hang towels, clothes etc. Very clean showers & toilets, even on a busy weekend. Night porter needs a holiday.

• 26th May 2011
  • Globetrotter

Comfortable bed and second time staying in a week, but do something with the guy working in the bar. Always a hassle trying to get served and when you do he just holds up two fingers to indicate the price, no please no thanks you and not just to me either. Split a full drink over a long term guests mobile phone, hilarious as it brought him right down to earth, but he didn't even apologise, just gave her a cloth to clean it up and carried on trying to look good?! Shame, as rest of staff are good.

• 10th Jan 2011
  • Globetrotter

Hi thank you first of all for your positive feedback on our work here at our hostel,...we always aim to give you the best we can, as far as the barman is concerned a warning has been issued to be more friendly during our busy periods, failure to do so will result in his hair gel being confiscated.

Great bunk beds, quiet, dark and comfortable. Unfortunately no proper cooking facilities, just two microwaves and a toaster! Trying to force you to use the restaurant and what it serves up for £5 is poor. Charging me £1 because I paid with my UK debit card is a total rip off and just greed as no way a hostel of this size and business is being charged that much by its bank.

• 2nd Jan 2011
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for taking the time and writing us a feedback. Unfortunately the lack of space did not allow us to provide a self catering kitchen which we try to compensate with the cheap dinner that we offer. We are sorry if you found the menu poor. As per the charge for the card payment, it is a practice in most places as we do get charged by the bank. I am afraid it does apply to any type of card. We understand that it can cause inconvenience. We hope that besides the above you will still return to Palmers Lodge in the near future. Palmers Lodge Team

007 Bristol Hostel

Bristol, England

Good option if you're arriving late from the airport as its on the airport express route (get off at west st/bedminister) or on an extremely tight budget, but that's it. Too far outside Bristol centre to use as a base for longer stays. Woke up cold in the middle of the night in the deluxe room and toilets/showers were not cleaned during the night. More halfway house than backpackers.

• 4th Oct 2010

Kitsch Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Really good hostel atmosphere. Excellent value for money at €10 a night & in an excellent location. Staff are very nice & helpful (and the females were all very attractive) but let down by one who couldn't remember how to get to Costa de Caparica even though she said she'd been too it lots of times. Instead of helping me she directed me to the tourist info office to ask! Very lazy. Very clean toilets & showers. Breakfast was very good; cereal, fruit, juice, freshly cooked buns and croissants.

• 28th Sep 2010

Alfama Patio Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

By far the best location in Lisbon as the Alfama district is the best in the city. The hostel tries very hard to entertain its guests and has something on everyday and night. I just love the relaxed atmosphere about the place and instantly made friends and felt at home. Would return again.

• 26th Sep 2010

Rock N Bowl Hostel

Bristol, England

Great kitchen,location,common room and staff but not enough of them and because of this security is an issue. I hate advertising this but the hostel reception is not staffed 24/7 as staff are doing other duties, leaving the front door wide open. Anyone can and do just wander into the hostel as it's on a busy street. It's made even worse as the doors are key-coded and never changed. It's a total disregard by the owners for the safety & security of the guests

Litton Lane Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Cheap, great location and excellent staff

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Wow, very very impressed by this hostel. I've stayed in about 40 to 50 different hostels but this must be one of the best. Great location, lots to do, very clean, excellent kitchen, comfy dorm beds, free sauna (should be 24hours and not just between 6-9pm), fantastic common area's especially the cellar area, relaxed atmosphere and most important of all its very cheap. The hostel celebrates its 25th year in June and if they keep up the good work will definitely make it to 50 years. I'd stay again

• 22nd Jun 2010

Rethymno Youth Hostel

Crete, Greece

Wifi is not free and costs €3 a day. There\'s loads of free wifi hotspots along the sea front. Temporary manager needs to brush up on his manner.

Journeys Brighton Hostel

Brighton, England

Stayed in all of the hostels in Brighton over the last two years and this one is head and shoulders above the rest for location and cleanliness.Baggies and Grapevine have more character.Excellent toilets,kitchen,breakfast and bunk was so comfortable i over slept.Security was my only issue.I was checked in without showing any id and its very easy to just walk into this hostel during the day and night time.Rooms have keycode entry but once you get into a hostel its very easy to get into a dorm..

Many thanks for your comment. We are trying to more the hostel secure by installing a front door code for late night entries & exits and set up systems for better security at check in. Thanks again for your comments and look forward to seeing you back in Brighton soon. Journeys Brighton Team

City Public Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

Cash only and has its long termers so you can pick up on the info your not going to find online or in books. Have read other comments about the beds but mine were fine and pretty standard for a hostel. Showers are clean and available 24 hours like reception. Kitchen is as good as they get.

St Christopher's Greenwich

Worst of the St Christophers

Can't believe how cheap this hostel is. Such a nice place and the dorms are fantastic. Free internet on new computers is a first for me. Free wifi for laptops too. Not a party backpackers at all so if that's what you're looking for go someplace else. Good free breakfast.

By far the nicest dorms i have ever been in, 3 star hotel standard really. Spot on location in a safe part of London. Staff was very good, professional and genuine. Toilets and showers are very small. Has only one microwave for guest use. Cannot understand this as the hostel is excellent in every other way. The bar is small and only has a bar snack menu. Breakfast is good. This is a hostel where you have to make your own fun as it does nothing to entertain the guests. If they can get this and the kitchen problem sorted this would be the best hostel in London

Globetrotter Inn London

Another hostel let down by its staff. Bar is very expensive for a hostel. You can have a good time here but I did notice one set of rules for guests and none for staff. Food is also expensive but is of a very high standard and you get a lot on your plate. Place is clean to for a large building. Gym was impressive.

Great reception staff. A breath of fresh air really. Not just a bunch of backpackers passing through but full time professionals. For me I felt the location was spot on. Swiss cottage is a nice area and has some nice bars/shops very close by.