Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Arty Paris

Paris, France

A good hostel. The front desk staff are lovely- the housekeeper that organises breakfast is cranky, but in a way I don't blame her because she had too many things to do for just one person. The hostel is a bit out of town, but the bus/metro are handy. A few notes for improvement: add lockers to the rooms, redo the ceiling in the room 408 bathroom, the black mould is not good, and add powerpoints that are more accessible to all beds. But good overall.

thanks for your comment. We hope you had a good stay with us. You right, we are close to metro and bus station and it's very easy to get to the center of Paris from our place. We will do improvements on this room. Hope to see you for another stay. Safe travel Artyparis

St Christopher's Berlin

Berlin, Germany

A good hostel. Right above the metro & close walking distance to Alexanderplatz and a decent walk from a heap of tourist sites. The bus from the train station is super easy too. The check in staff and breakfast staff are super friendly, the barstaff aren't as approachable but that seems to be a theme of these reviews. Breakfast is great. Fresh rolls, meats, cheeses, cereal and fruit. A good spread. I'd recommend it. If you're having trouble meeting people, just do the Sandemans Free Walking tour

Han Tang House

Xi'an, China

This hostel was nice. The Jamaica Blue in the reception seems like a nice touch, but it does make drinks and food very pricey in comparison to regular Chinese hostel bars. Nice staff and clean rooms. The only thing I would say is that wehn we were moving into our private room there was a random guy using the toilet, which was a bit odd! Overall a good hostel though. I recommend it.

A good place if you want access to the Bund and Nanjing shopping street. Although I'd probably stay at one of my other favourite hostels in Shanghai next time. I'm not really keen on this end of town for more than a few days. Nice staff though.

IS@K Guest House

Seoul, South Korea

An outstang hostel! Dukon and the rest of the staff are so friendly and helpful. I felt so comfortable, absolutely no complaints. Most importantly... GOT TO SEOUL! It's amazing!!!

A fine option in Shanghai. I came here after Rock and Wood because R&W was booked out. I preferred Rock and Wood, found this hostel a little less community based and people seemed to stick to themselves... the common facilities aren't that great for relaxing and there aren't many power points... which sounds weird, but these days I'd expect to have a power point in my bunk. That being said, not a bad place to stay at all, and easy to get to the subway or shopping centre nearby.

Great hostel! I am devastated I only got to stay one night as they were booked out... Understandably. Beds are comfy. Staff are friendly and helpful. Bathrooms are CLEAN!!! Food is tasty and there's a great variety of drinks. WIFI in rooms and common area. Overall a fantastic hostel. I will try stay here next time I'm in shanghai!

Nanjing Time Youth Hostel

Nanjing, China

Ended up cancelling this night as the hostel is really not clean at all and the atmosphere isn't great so I had to get out of here. Sorry guys. I recommend you buy some bleach and give the bathrooms a really good clean. Walls and all!!

Nanjing Time Youth Hostel

Nanjing, China

Oh my gosh, the bathrooms here are filthy! Both the public and ensuite bathrooms were not cleaned once during my stay! Other than that the atmosphere is not great. Mostly people just on their phones and laptops. Plus you can't bring your own food or drink in so that doesn't inspire people to want to hang out. The staff are okay. They'll help if you ask specific questions. I'd probably recommend you try elsewhere. Particularly because of the bathroom situation.

RiverSide YHA (Jiangpan)

Guangzhou, China

A good hostel for meeting others. The staff are okay, but like most places in China won't go out of their way to help or engage you in activities. With the humidity the rooms are understandably a bit musty. Not sure what they could do here. I'd also like to see more food on the menu. But overall a good option in Guangzhou.

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

A great budget option in HK. The dorms are surprisingly roomy for 9 beds, although the line can be long for the bathroom. Staff are generally helpful if you seek it and the location makes it easy to get anywhere. Only disappointment this time (i've stayed here before), is that i was "upgraded" to a private room, which meant, as a solo traveller I didn't meet anyone, this was disappointing and I recommend they inform people in advanvce if this is likely to happen. Overall highly recommended tho!

Plum Flowers House

Guangzhou, China

Such a lovely guesthouse. As others have mentioned it is more of a homestay. The hosts are wonderful though. It's also really close to the subway and very easy to get to the airport and train station. The directions on the site are excellent. Overall a good place to crash... particularly as the options in GZ are so limited!!

Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse

Lijiang, China

Mama, Baba and the staff are fantastic. The food is generally good and the location is in a quieter part of Lijiang Old Town. I stayed here and by the reservoir, and whilst I preferred the quietness of being by the reservoir, I feel Mama's was a good place to stay if you're inclined to stay in the Old Town. Directions re: gate to enter could be clearer though.

I had great hopes for this hostel. Shaxi is FANTASTIC and the location of the hostel is outstanding. The Old Tree cafe nearby is great and the people that run it are super lovely. However most of the hostel staff (except one guy, who was lovely and helpful) didn't really seem that bothered to make people feel welcome. Additionally the shared bathrooms should've been cleaned much more regularly, they got pretty gross. But with limited options I guess you could give it a go.

Panba Lakeside Lodge

Lijiang, China

Panba Lakeside is a new hostel, so it's not without its teething problems. HOWEVER, they go above and beyond to remedy and learn from any mistakes. The food wasn't good enough so they brought in a chef from Guangzhou to teach the new chef! Additionally both my friend and I were sick, and the staff were so caring and went above and beyond to help out. I stayed in both private and dorm rooms. Both were good. All I'd say is a book swap, movie room or other facilities could help in the longrun.

Dear Renee, Thank you for staying with us. After two weeks training, our chef now is great. We will get all things you mention step by step, and hope that one day you have a chance to come back to see better Panba. Panba Team

Panba Lakeside Lodge

Lijiang, China

Fantastic, helpful and, although new, constantly looking to reflect, learn and improve. I can't remember her name, but the woman from Guilin is outstanding. Such a problem solver. Owner is fantastic and helpful too. Such a relaxing environment. Much preferred staying here to the old town. Great places to walk and relax. In time i'd hope to see the bar and food developed, and maybe put some seating on the rooftop. It would be a great place to sit back, have a drink and relax. Thanks Panba!

Dear Renee, Thank you for your nice review. About the food, we have had our cook trained by a professional western chef, and now he cooks much better than before. Hope that one day you have a chance to come back to see how good is the food here.Panba Team

We enjoyed our stay. The food was pretty average though, walk to the street near Walmart to get some food. The reception staff were very helpful, spending a long time trying to find us train tickets over a Chinese holiday.Would recommend walking and exploring the local neighbourhood, we stumbled across a very local market, and the nearby park is great for people watching. Catch the 127 bus & mini bus to the Bamboo temple for a relaxed day out. Back streets near the main town square are cool too.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A lovely hostel. The staff are kind and friendly- but not in an overbearing way. They'll help you if you ask, but don't seem to go out of their way to be sociable or help travellers mingle. Whilst I had a great experience, the lack of organised activities could mean that solo travellers feel a little isolated; you really need to make things happen yourself. The subway station is very close by and it's only a few stops to both KLCC and Sentral. Plus Chinatown and Cenral Market are a 10 min walk.