Reviews: siggibjarna

Location: Iceland, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Enjoy Da Lat Hostel

Da Lat, Vietnam

I stayed there for one night and loved the owner and staff, they were so helpful and willing to share with me info about the town and surrounding areas. On those points I would definitely recommend them. But a warning, they have "pod" beds with very stiff mattresses. The pods pose no problems as they give better privacy than usually available in bunk beds and have power outlets. But the mattress was too stiff for me, being a westerner used to softer mattresses....

• 30th May 2013

Vietnam Inn Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The hostel was ok. They had big communal bathrooms and showers which worked out ok and they also have computers, bar and a pool table which was nice. So on these points I would recommend them. However, after my stay, they sent an email soliciting me for a Hostelworld review and they didn't even know how to use BCC so they exposed my email to all the other guests they solicited for reviews. This I take as a breach of privacy and am very unhappy about.

• 28th May 2013

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Probably the best hostel I have stayed at. Was very clean (always people cleaning), they have a pool, the restaurant was excellent, both decently priced and had really good food. The people there were all about helping so it was perfect. Also arranged free pickup from the airport and arranged a cheap tuktuk for the day while visiting the temples.

• 21st May 2013
  • Iceland

That's really nice to hear - thanks! I'd like to be a little opportunistic and use this space to let everyone know the Hostel will be closing for renovations for the most part of June. We are sprucing up the whole building as well as adding a few new rooms...and a cinema! Check availability online as we will be reopening asap and we look forward to seeing you on the other side. Cheers - from all the team here at TSRH!

Phuket Backpacker

Phuket, Thailand

Not bad, but not very good either, very average all IMHO

• 17th May 2013

Baan Gafiyah

Krabi, Thailand

The people were really nice and while we waited for the room (booked only 15 minutes prior to showing up) they got us on the wifi and brought free cold water and talked to us about what we wanted to do and then helped us arrange transport to the next location

• 16th May 2013

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

This hostel was outstanding, a bit expensive compared to many others, but the atmosphere, location and the people there (staff and guests) made the extra cost well worth it. Also the showers are quite roomy which was nice. A/C and everything worked very well. Did not try the food but other people said it was very good and it was at a good price.

• 30th Apr 2013

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

Good location, bus stops right outside the door. Easy to get back to the airport, all the major sights are just a few minutes walking away. Good common area, killed some time there laying on a big flat bed (approx 3x3m) with lots of pillows, watching DVD on a wall mounted TV.