Australian Backpacker

Sydney, Australia

The condition of the toilets was sad-the walls were moldy and had peeling paint, they didn't seem clean, no soap or paper towels provided, and at one point the seat fell off one of the toilets. The general location was ok, but there were hookers hanging out near the hostel. There was only 2 washers and 1 dryer and the owner was using them. I chose this hostel because it advertised parking I was there on a weekend so was lucky that the parking was free but it is usually 1 hr parking on the street

SAV

Melbourne, Australia

Lady at the reception was nice enough but not helpful. Location is far away from the city although it is somewhat close to the train station so it is possible, although time consuming, to get anywhere. There was no proper common area. They didn't provide utensils or dishes for guest use. The bathroom wasn't cleaned while I was there (I stayed 4 nights). My room smelled terrible, although it did have plenty of storage and a desk and tv. The blinds and window sill in my room were filthy.

Base Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

Biggest complaint - NOT ENOUGH STAFF AT THE FRONT DESK. This is a very large hostel and at any given time there were maybe 3 people at the desk, tops. I had to stand in line for 20 minutes just to get a replacement key for my room and 15 minutes to get a packet of laundry soap. They need more front desk staff. All the staff were nice though.

Pickled Parrot Backpackers

Paihia, New Zealand

Thought it was a great hostel. Lots of amenities and nice rooms. Nice outdoor area to sit and barbecue.