Stumble Inn Backpackers Lodge

Stellenbosch, South Africa

I was only going to stay here one night but then I decided to spend 4 nights here. If you are in the main house it can be a bit noisy but earplugs can fix that. They need to do some general main tierce and repairs of the facilities. It was a bit rough around the edges. They do a good job with the easy rider wine tour. There is a great community feel here. The wifi is actually very good the best I've found in South Africa so far.

St Christopher's Oasis

I stayed in the oasis. While I loved the location and having an all female dorm, I didn't like that the entrance was in a very narrow alley. Also the toilets did not always have bathroom tissue and I would have to go to a different level to go to the bathroom. I loved the food deals they had and how great the staff was in terms of accommodating me. I would recommend staying on the third floor as the room was larger and there were more outlets for electronic devices.

Hi There! Thank You for taking the time to leave us with such positive feedback from your stay at The Oasis. We are very sorry that the toilet on your floor run out of tissues. Great to hear that you enjoyed our great food at the Belushi's bar and that you had a great costumer experience with all our staff. We wish you all the best for future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks, St. Christopher's Team

Central Station Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location is great. While there is not a common area the room I stayed in had a lot of space that allowed for people within the room to gather and we did. You are literally two blocks from the red light district. It's about 15 minutes walk to the train station. The beds were a bit narrow and they had tons of power outlets in the room just all in one location.

I felt like I was being nickeled and dimed. The room was ok although I shared it with five other men and I am a female. They give good directions to their hostel but it isn't that close to the center.

Mosquito Hostel

Krakow, Poland

They provide you with breakfast and dinner. They creat an atmosphere that is conducive to meeting other people. The wifi is good. It is only about ten minutes walking from the train station. I stayed in a 12 person dorm. It got a little framed when all the beds were occupied. I felt like we were right on top of each other with luggage everywhere.

New World St. Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

I was really sick while there and I didn't get to see much. However, the staff took great efforts to find an English speaking doctor for me. I will have to come back when I have more time and I'm healthy. They are really easy to get to from the airport and the train station. Just one bus to remember 175.

Hostel Erottajanpuisto

Helsinki, Finland

I feel bad that I had only about 12 hours in Helsinki. As soon as I arrived they gave me a room that someone might join me in but they didn't so I had it all to myself. I would go backand spend more time in Helsinki as well as finland. I think the directions they gave for the hostel could be more precise. I had a local helping me find the hostel and it made it much easier. You should give the direction you should goon the bus or tram and which direction to walk.

Green Studio Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

This place was dirty. There was mold on the wall in the bathroom and dust bunnies ne'er my bed as well as someone's socks that were left behind. The staff was helpful and exceptionally friendly. There used to be a lift available to hostel customers but that is no longer available so one gets to climb up 5 to 6 flights of stairs depending on how you count them with your luggage. There were few restaurants nearby but I wanted to be near the train station because I had an early train.

You were unfortunate to be staying (you stayed for one day) in the same time as one very untidy guest, and those was his socks :) as we found out next day when we were cleaning the room again (we clean the dorms every day). We do have a sign on the door asking everybody to be respectful of other guests and to keep their stuff nice and tidy, but unfortunately sometimes guest can be too relaxed...About the mold (wet part of the wall), we already explained in other reply that that issue is taken care of, and it happened because of big snow in Belgrade just staying and melting on the roof. Thanks for the review :)

Palmers Lodge Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

They let me celebrate New Year's Eve with them. They were great to get me bottom bunk after a really long day. They helped me pick good places to eat and gave good directions.

Great location about one block from the westbanhof. There is no Internet in your room but the common areas are fine.

City Backpacker - Hostel Biber

Zurich, Switzerland

The office is closed from 12:00 noon till 3:00 pm. There were a lot of stairs. Climbing them without luggage is fine but with luggage sucks! The wifi signal was not especially strong but worked for the most part. The reason you stay in this hostel is the location. It is fantastic! I stayed right in the middle of everything. The staff was really nice and helpful when I had questions. Just expect stairs as this is n old building but worth it.

Comfy Little Corner

Berlin, Germany

I loved the homey feeling about the place. I felt like a very welcomed guest in someone's house.

We loved having you as our guest. It was an honour to have met you :)

It had a great location. The cost was incredibly low considering the location. There were only 2 or 3 small lockers to lock up valuables as many of them were out of service. I would like to have the option of requesting a lower bunk as I have issues with heights and that was not a winning combination with jet lag. I did get to see prince Andrew right outside the hostel door. How cool is that? I would have liked a separate female dorm .