Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We didn't have hot water for a few days which they responded to but were unable to get working again. They were very helpful and attentive. The facility itself isn't too open more cramped with skinny hallways up and down. Most room are on the street so noisy at night but w the windows closed and AC on you can't hear it really. Ipanema is a bit far from things but great beaches.

FIAP Jean Monnet

Paris, France

Once you figure the metro/RER (esp. getting off at Denfert Rochereau and walking down to the hostel) it's easy to get around...additionally it's really convenient to the St. Michel/Notre Dame area. Most comfortable bed and pillow I've ever stayed in at a hostel this past year traveling. I found the bathroom comfortable esp the lights and shelf above the sinks (there's never enough light and space to put things). The staff was helpful and breakfast fine. Really no complaints. :)

MEININGER London Hyde Park

Always great linens at this hostel...the only downside were the bathrooms...a true water closet where you can barely turn around. Reminded me of the bathrooms you find in an RV...super small and prone to get dirty and stinky quickly.

Bath YMCA

Bath, England

Noisy if your dorm is street side but pretty basic. The bathrooms were comfortable, showers quite small. The only downside was a strange odor around the carpeted halls/stairs area. Wifi reception area only...internet computers quite outdated and slow.

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Lovely hostel. Just one recommendation I find in all hostels. There is a general lack of surface to set your things on. For example, when you want to take a shower the little space available is almost always WET. I've yet to find dry tables and hooks to place my stuff on. More tables and hooks are always on my travel hostel wish list. :) Love the shelf/electrical outlet above each bed. Well done. :)