I thought this hostel was great. The man on the front desk was always helpful, happy and greeted everyone coming and going. On arrival we were also lucky enough to be upgraded to a private twin room instead of a 4 person room. The room was amazing, on the 4th floor, great double aspect windows and a lovely ensuite bathroom. Lift was slow and breakfast room small, but everything else amazing. I would highly recommend this hostel. Very close to metro too, however we walked most places.

• 22nd Aug 2013

Cologne-Deutz Youth Hostel

Cologne, Germany

A bit pricey (as it was a busy time), however we couldn't complain about it's location. So close, only a 10 minute walk to the cathedral and main station. Breakfast were ok too. Highlight was the room. Spacious, including modern bathroom facilities (separate shower room & toilet) all within the room. Great!

• 20th Aug 2013

Citystay Mitte

Berlin, Germany

I liked this hostel. The only down side was it was quite a small room to have 3 bunk beds in, which meant not a lot of room to move, especially with 6 peoples bags also. Super location and good breakfasts (however at a cost), we did however decide to go to a cool café on our second morning.

• 18th Aug 2013

HI Europa Brugge

Bruges, Belgium

What I remember most about this hostel was the smell. The pipes or drains are too small, because both in the room (which had 2 basins/sinks) and in the bathrooms there was a constant smell of urine. I am hoping it wasn't, but something that just smelt like it. It was a very obvious smell, therefore I would have thought air fresheners would be in place or stronger (nicer scented) cleaning products used. A plus is the grounds, the bar and the great size breakfast room.

• 16th Aug 2013

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Enjoyed the stay. Would stay her again. Helpful and friendly staff. Very good facilities also.

• 15th Aug 2013

YHA London St Pancras

Super location, opposite Kings Cross, St Pancreas station.

• 14th Aug 2013