Hong Kong Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Second time to stay here but won't be back. This time was in the other building so not the main one. Just kinda miserable really. Didn't have electricity for a day or so (but that was the weather). Staff were friendly. Not good for the price, but Hong Kong is expensive anyway.

• 3rd Sep 2013

Sojourner Hostel

Guangzhou, China

Very nice hostel, though I had trouble finding it as I arrived in the dark and there aren't any signs I saw! Especially as it's in a housing complex which I didn't expect. But the hostel was very nice and clean. Staff were friendly but not around a lot which wasn't a huge problem as I didn't need help. Would recommend for sure.

• 2nd Sep 2013

Thank you Hannah. Hope you having a nice trip in Hong Kong :)

The Cosy Garden

Yangshuo, China

Had a very enjoyable stay here! Like others have said, it's a bit out of Yangshuo town but I liked being away from the crowds/noise. Only about 20 min walk, and if you go along the river its pretty nice! But the hostel itself was pretty quiet and people did keep to themselves, so maybe not for the social butterflies. But the staff were really friendly and helpful, the food was amazing and the beds were super comfortable! Would definitely stay again if in Yangshuo. Thank you so much!

• 29th Aug 2013

:) Glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the fact that we are indeed a little out of the town, the river side walk and the peace and quiet have always been worth it in our opinion :) We were a bit quiet during your stay but we do tend to attract those looking to relax and find some peace and quiet. Hope we get to see you back here one day ^__^

Absolutely loved my stay here! Despite the initial hike up to the hostel - which was pretty tiring/uncomfortable in the summer heat! - it was totally worth it! The view from my room was incredible and Dragon's Den was a really good location for the scenic spots in the rice terraces. Very friendly and helpful staff and the food/milkshakes were great! And the wifi was good considering how remote the villages are. Would definitely stay here again! Thank you so much!

• 27th Aug 2013

Thank you, Hannah. Have a good trip in China.

Backstreet Youth Hostel

Guilin, China

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were friendly and spoke good English. Really good location - I didn't really plan on doing all that much in Guilin, but it felt pretty central. Close to the busy tourist area but far away enough to not be noisy etc. Definitely stay here again!

• 25th Aug 2013

Thank you for your review and we're very glad you enjoyed your stay here at Backstreet! Our hostel is very central in the city. In fact, it is the best located of all the hostels in Guilin. We're tucked away from the busy tourist street, Zheng Yang Pedestrian Street. Beside us is the famous Li River and around the corner is the 2 Pagodas and also the Elephant Trunk Hill. We are also in a very well known area which makes it very easy for taxis to find. See you again! =) Team Backstreet

We stayed here for only a few nights, but didn't particularly enjoy it. Only really because the walls were so paper thin and our room was located in an area people often stopped to chat loudly at around 3am. Also, one incident with a member of the bar staff not knowing what they were doing and giving me attitude.

• 14th Feb 2013

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

Lovely hostel! Only there for a couple of nights but the staff were very friendly/helpful and the hostel food was really nice! Also a plus, if you're staying in winter, they have proper heaters (at least they did in our room!) so it's nice and toasty. Would definitely go back if in Xi'an again!

• 11th Feb 2013

Happy Dragon Hostel

Beijing, China

Great hostel! The staff were really friendly and helpful with everything. The hostel bar was a great place to chill and the food was good value for money. Only downer was the lack of a real central heating system, but in the summer that wouldn't be a problem and this hostel would be perfect. Great stay and will definitely go back there if in Beijing again!

• 4th Feb 2013

Hong Kong Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Nice place; staff were friendly and helpful in terms of checking out early morning (just gave reception a knock and someone answered) and bus to the airport. Relatively good internet access.Lockers were provided, but take your own padlock. This hostel is legal by the way, others in the same building aren't but this one is fine - also, no getting locked out (though the latest I stayed out was midnight. Pretty easy to find too. Handy supermarket across the road.

• 29th Nov 2012