Location: USA,

New Cross Inn Hostel

Not bad, however the showers were in desperate need of a deep cleaning.

Igloo Backpackers Hostel

Nottingham, England

Really enjoyed my stay here. Everyone was super friendly, showers were clean (not sparkling, but still clean), and they really made an effort to keep things Green! However I'd caution ladies to go to the female only dorms. I was staying in the mixed dorm that was mostly full, all guys, and, well, it smelled like dude. But aside from that super pleasant stay :)

Great place, not too far from the city center, but far enough away that you can actually sleep at night! VERY clean, everyone working there was super friendly. They snacks on site you can purchase, which for someone who has to take meds with food was a huge plus. Definitely recommend, and will definitely stay here next time I visit Cardiff!

Bunkhouse

Cardiff, Wales

Mixed feelings about this one. It was a great location, very clean but my experience wasn't great. I was in the female only dorm, at 2AM some drunk guy comes in (I don't know how he did, we have keycards for the rooms?) pees on the radiator, then tries to climb into my bed, when he realized I was there he apologized and fell asleep in another bed. When we got the staff we got rid of him, but I'm not impressed that it happened. My other complaint is that the showers were SCALDING.

Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This is a great hostel for groups, the rooms are comfortable. However if you're the backpacking type who enjoys the feel of a hostel and is looking for character, this isn't the place for you. It was anti social, and really just felt like a hotel more than anything. It is a very nice place, I want emphasize that! But if you're looking for a fun hostel, this isn't the place for you.

Generally I had a great experience, the people working the bar and restaurant were friendly but the folks at reception could have been a little more welcoming.