Apple Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Another good stay here. Apart from being in CK mansions and the overall drawbacks this brings, I have found this to be a lovely hostel, and would heartily recommend it, and it's lovely staff, to anyone else coming to HK>

I arrived at this hostel only to find they don't have my booking. I was moved to another hostel further away from west street but the same price (35y) was honoured. Bargain in my mind, as both places looked great

• 29th Apr 2013

This place was alreet, and with a stay or two. It's quite near the Train station, but don't follow the directions on the email, they won't make sense! The staff are nice, ESP Elaine, and the beds are comfortable. Dorm is a bit noisy though as its right next to the bathroom. Two out of three showers were out of order when I was here, but not sure why. Location is good, ignore the dingy staircase as it's much nicer when you get inside!

• 27th Feb 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here and loved the staff, but in particular found Jessica to be of immense help. She helped me book several tours, and I have since found out she wants to be a tour guide in the future. Based on my experience, I think she will go far in this field. The hostel atmosphere is also really great, and I loved lounging on the balcony through the day and in the comfy bar at night. The location is also very good, as is the accomadation, facilities, and most importantly, price!

• 21st Feb 2013

Nova Traveller's Lodge

Chengdu, China

I honestly can't fault this place. Arrive at 5.30am, and they let me crash in my bed even though I had only paid for the upcoming night! Great movie room, fantastic food, and even better staff, who did everything they could to make my stay perfect Tony is great, as is the beautiful girl with big black eyes, though sadly I ain't remember her name! Curtains around the bed make for a peaceful stay, and the bathrooms are cleaned regularly.

• 15th Feb 2013

Hi, thanks for your reviews, the girl's name is Reiki ,we hope you have nice trip in chengdu ,welcome back ,nova is always your home.

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

Place was nice. Shower flooded a bit which meant the bathroom got quite wet each time. People mentioned hot water running out but for me this wasn't an issue. Staff tried to charge me 60Y for stay despite price on website cheaper. When I argued however, they charged me the lower fee. Beers are cheap, food is good, staff are nice. DVDs are available, but most scratched to hell and wont play...

Sanlitun Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

Really enjoyed this hostel, but what makes it the best hostel in Beijing is the staff. In particular Candy, Sunshine, Christine and a short lady I cannot remember her name. The facilities are great, and the atmosphere is fantastic...great location too...

Hi,nihao Thanks for your good comments, hope you have a good time in China. See you next time. Regards Sanlitun Hostel

I don't know why this hostel is so highly rate! The place had son atmosphere, no common area, and the facilities were dated and a bit dirty. It's not the cleaners fault, as you can't polish a turd. This place needs to be renovated. The dorm room was nice and warm, but the hallways and everything else were not very nice. Fund a dead bird in the shower, and walked past people smoking in the corridor. I promptly checked out and went to the better hiker hostel, which is great.

• 25th Jan 2013