Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 22

Echo Beach Backpackers

Koh Phangan, Thailand

We only stayed for one night but we enjoyed our stay. The toilets, showers and room were all clean. The rooms crammed as many beds as possible in but if you're just here for a party that's no bother. The location is right on the beach and is excellent for the full and black moon parties. Staff were chatty and helpful, I'd happily recommend this hostel.

• 7th Jul 2013

The Lounge

Koh Samui, Thailand

The hostel itself is clean and pleasant with a good atmosphere. The staff all speak good English and are incredibly helpful in meeting your needs. Only issue was the bed mattress appeared to be polystyrene. I would have had just as comfortable night sleep on the floor, a shame that such a small thing let down an otherwise great hostel.

• 6th Jul 2013

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

The room and facilities were all good but it is all about the service and the atmosphere. All the staff spoke good English but this places ace up it's sleeve is Lei-Lei. This guy sorts out all the activities around the hostel and after a couple of days felt more like a friend than a staff member. He got everyone involved, created a great social atmosphere and just went beyond all expectations to make our stay enjoyable. It was a shame we couldn't stay longer. Thank you to the Han Tang staff!

• 1st Jul 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The service was OK, they didn't speak English very well but they knew enough to get by and be as helpful as they could. The bunk beds were highly flimsy and creaky so I spent most my night being awoken to what I always though was my friend potentially falling through the bunk. Out of the 4 male showers to share between the whole floor only 2 had shower heads and the toilets weren't ideal. The only redeeming feature was the meals were good portions and very tasty.

• 28th Jun 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

My only issue is that excellent is not good enough a rating to describe the staff at this hostel. Rick's help was nothing less than superb. Thank you very much for aiding us in the start of our trip.

• 21st Jun 2013