Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
30th Mar 2013

Med Cezir Hotel, Istanbul, Turkey
23rd Jan 2013

Med Cezir is excellent. It is in the heart of the oldest part of Istanbul - maybe 100 yards from Hagia Sophia, and 150 yards from Boue Mosque and Topkapi. Everything is very clean and the staff has been friendly and very helpful. I will definitely be staying here again - and highly recommend it.

Night and Day, Rome, Italy
19th Jan 2013

This property is really a four bedroom apartment, so it's very private. I never knew other people were there. Monica is the real reason to go there. When you arrive she spends about has an hr giving you restaurant recommendations, important telephone numbers, bus routes, and "must-see" sights based on your interests and timeframe. She is so thoughtful that the four keys are arranged on the ring in chronological order and color coded! Very clean, and walking distance to everything!

Atlas City Hotel, Munich, Germany
8th Jan 2013

Atlas might be the best value for the money that I've stayed in. The room was tiny - but so are most other European hotels. Other than that, nothing could've been better. It's recently been remodeled, was very clean, 3 blocks from the train station, and is probably a 15 minute walk to the Marienplatz and other city center locations. Vladimir at the front desk was so friendly. The other workers were very helpful and professional. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in Munich.

Hotel Central, Casablanca, Morocco
7.4
21st Dec 2012

This hotel is a faded gem. After staying in some really cheap places in other parts of Morocco, I was surprised not to be able to find many cheap places in Casa. Decided to "splurge" on this. It's certainly nicer than the hostel riads in other cities, but it's not the Ritz. I think I was the only one there. The hotel looks like nothing has changed in the past 50 years (but in a good way). Charming. Decent for the money. Not much else pro or con. Location was great.

Pension Souika, Chefchaouen, Morocco
6.3
17th Dec 2012

There is nothing special at all about this place. It's not a riad. It's just a cheap place to sleep. I wasn't uncomfortable here at all, but other than being inexpensive and centrally located, there's no reason to recommend it.

Pension Souika, Chefchaouen, Morocco
8.0
16th Dec 2012

Loved this place. So charming. I was sick while I was there and Hanafi was incredibly accommodating. The location is very easy to find, and in the heart of the medina. There was a discrepancy about the rate when I arrived, and they were helpful in resolving the issue. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Dar Lalla Kenza, Fez, Morocco
7.7
14th Dec 2012

The property was only average. The location wasn't quite as good as I was hoping. However, Ben made it all worthwhile. He's very helpful.

Caverne d'Ali Baba, Essaouira, Morocco
8th Dec 2012

In a month-long tour of Morocco, the Caverne was the best place I stayed! I was sick while I was there, and so ended up spending lots of time at the hotel. It was absolutely charming! Hanafi (front desk manager) went above and beyond to make sure I was we'll taken care of. The restaurant rarely had customers while I was there, yet somehow they managed to produce a full menu of tasty options at a moment's notice. My room had a working fireplace!! The craftsmanship is excellent. No complaints.

Riad Rahba, Marrakech, Morocco
8.0
27th Nov 2012

Mustafa and Azziz (the guardians) are great. The property itself is totally adequate. It's not luxurious, but neither are the prices. It suited my needs completely - and is very centrally located within the medina. I found it pleasant enough that I have stayed there two more times during quick layovers in Marrakech between other side trips.