Slow Hostel

Joao Pessoa, Brazil

I came to this place for a long stay already for the third time. Because it's really the best hostel in South America. It's already like my second home. I love these people! Thank you Marina and Maria Jose!!!

Totem Hostel

Mar del Plata, Argentina

Very good hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. One of the best things in the hostel are the lockers - they are big enough for my backpack. The location is not perfect, but one of the best in the city: rather close to the central beach (overcrowded in January), and also not so far from much better beach Varese. All the other beaches are accessible by cheap buses.

Sol Atacama Hostel

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Basic accomodation. Nothing special, but also nothing bad.

Perfect location, between the historical center and the bus stations. Great staff. The bar is rather expensive.

The Point Mancora Beach

Mancora, Peru

It's mostly a party hostel, and rather far from the center of Mancora (accessible by the beach only when the water is low, or by some creepy streets with not very friendly dogs, or by taxi). Yes, it has its own spirit, and lots of people come there for a party, but I didn't like that the party was going until 5am, and so I decided to move to another place.

Park Life Hostel

Popayan, Colombia

Perfect location at the main square, next door to the cathedral; only from their terrace it's possible to see the dome of the cathedral very closely. I loved that terrace! Also, there are very helpful instructions on the walls about getting to other tourist places. Very well equipped guest kitchen.

Hostal Bakano Backpackers

Bogota, Colombia

I stayed in 3 different hostels in Bogota, and this one is the best. Excellent staff, perfect location, fast internet.

Casa De Ari

Bogota, Colombia

It's a party hostel, and if you stay in a dorm, you may hear loud music sometimes until 3am, and sometimes until the next morning. So if you come to Bogota for sightseeing during the day, and want to sleep at night, don't choose a dorm there (but private rooms should be OK, I suppose). Though for me it was not a problem, because I had to finish an urgent work online, and a very good selection of music was very helpful.

The Judy House

Negril, Jamaica

When I first came there, this place looked quite far from the beach and from the town center. But then I realized that the town is very small, so this distance isn't a problem - just 10 minutes walk. And the place itself is a real classic hostel, with great atmosphere, fast internet, and all other facilities that you can imagine. Not so many islands of the Caribbean have real hostels, so don't miss this one.

Reggae Hostel

Kingston, Jamaica

Maybe the best place to stay in Kingston. I stayed in Reggae two times - when I arrived to Jamaica, and the night before departure, and I wasn't disappointed. The city is not so intersting, as well as the island in total but if you come there, it's better to stay in a real classic hostel.

Fish Tobago Guesthouse

Buccoo Point, Trinidad And Tobago

Very good place, with really friendly atmosphere, like in a family. Very relaxing. Exotic birds are flying in the yard, among banana and breadfruit trees. One of the best places in all the Caribbean region. Maybe a little bit far from the beach, but not too far. I'm not into snorkeling and other water sports, but all of this is available at any time.

Slow Hostel

Joao Pessoa, Brazil

The best hostel in Brazil, and one of the best in all South America. Excellent house with everything you need, very good staff. And the beach is 30-50 meters walking from the hostel, almost near the entrance. It's a perfect place for a long stay, e.g. if you are waiting for the plane.

Duda Hostel

Salvador, Brazil

It's a good hostel. Not in the very center of the historical center ))), but close to it. Family atmosphere, fast internet. Good place to stay during the carnival. The biggest problem are only two small bathrooms for all the place.