• Australia, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2014

I stayed in Khaosan for 2 nights during my time in Kyoto and only have positive things to say! The facilities and location are outstanding, minutes walk from popular areas like Gion and Nishiki and even less from a subway line that links to Kyoto Station. There is nowhere in Kyoto you can't go from this hostel! My only recommendation would be to check the wifi - I seemed to only get it on the first floor - and invest in some softer pillows. Other than that, 10/10 would recommend!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
Oak 112, Chicago, USA
20th Dec 2012

Oak 112 is an amazing location with incredibly friendly and helpful staff! I stayed in the top floor girls room which was incredible! Very spacious, VERY comfortable beds (not often the case in hostels) and a great bathroom! The only 2 things I would mention were that the lockers in the rooms were quite difficult to lock and that it was extremely difficult to find due to lack of signage (and I was coming by taxi!) even just a sign above the door would be perfect! Or a big number at the least!