Location USA, Gender Female, Age 26

• USA, Female, 25-30
Warsaw Downtown Hostel, Warsaw, Poland
9th Aug 2015

Warsaw Downtown Hostel is best described as "home away from home". I arrived very early in the morning, and lovely Gosia was there to keep me company (24h reception!) while also giving me some great tips about Warsaw. The whole place was clean, and all staff were happy to greet with a warm smile. The evening activities are a really nice option; it gave me and my roommates for the evening a nice chance to get to know each other. Also, perfect location... free breakfast! WDH is the place to be.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
Central Station Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
8.0
29th Jun 2015

Central Station Hostel is ideal if you want to be right in the center of Amsterdam. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, and they were keen to help me practice my Dutch. The rooms were basic but clean. If you're looking for a hostel to socialize and meet others (especially in a common room), then this may not be the place for you. However, if you want to be at a good location for exploring all that Amsterdam has to offer, then this is your best option.

Loft Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
9th Jan 2015

This is my second time staying here and it felt like coming home. Only piece of advice to those who want to get a solid night's sleep and have booked their stay over the weekend: there is a club on the same block as the hostel that plays music into the small hours of the morning, and the bass seemingly travels throughout the whole building. If your aim is to get sleep on a Friday, this may not be the place for you. Weekdays didn't prove to be an issue, and good sleep is possible.

Loft Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
14th Dec 2014

Absolutely nothing bad to say about this hostel: great and patient staff, excellent atmosphere, clean, perfect location. Enjoy the musical performances, hanging out with locals, and If you're lucky like I was, you may even catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights from the deck! Highly looking forward to my return in January!

Maverick Hostel & Ensuites, Budapest, Hungary
3rd Nov 2014

Maverick was an excellent place to stay during my visit to Budapest: the staff were welcoming and helpful, rooms/bathroom/common areas were cleaned daily, and the hostel was overall a great environment for meeting people. Maverick is located in a central location to many of the sights and attractions, in addition to public transportation. My only qualm is with the loft beds, which were a bit annoying to climb. Besides that, I can absolutely recommend staying here.

Dar Adrar Maison d'Hôte, Imlil, Morocco
23rd Nov 2013

If you're looking to get away from the crazy cities of Morocco, go to Dar Adrar! The location is perfect for getting away and enjoying the majestic Atlas mountains. The owners ensured I was comfortable the entire time. The food was delicious, there were many warm blankets and a fireplace in the room for the cold nights, and the tea was never-ending. This place is a little slice of heaven, and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
Riad Verus, Fez, Morocco
20th Nov 2013

This was definitely the most comfortable place we stayed at in Morocco; the bed and blankets were great. Youssef was very relaxed and welcoming. The common area was gorgeous and good for meeting other travelers. Not too far from the main areas and quiet at night. Definitely a good stay!

We are so pleased you rate us as the most comfortable place you stayed in Morocco and that you liked the beds and blankets and that the assistant Manager Yussef was so relaxed and welcoming to you. Yes the common area is gorgeous and its a great interior space to meet other guests and with the ideal location its easy to explore the Medina and yet be a peaceful safe neighbourhood at night.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
Dar Bargach, Tangier, Morocco
18th Nov 2013

Dar Bargach is lovely; almost as lovely as the staff that runs it! Mohammed and Khaltar (I apologize if I spelled your incorrectly) will ensure that you feel at home and will go to great lengths to make your stay comfortable. Mohammed even prepared an early breakfast for my friend and me so we could catch our train. I will be seeing you guys in the future, inshallah! (Just a tip for light sleepers like me: bring a pair of ear plugs like I did and you'll sleep fine!)

The Phoenix, Shanghai, China
8.0
16th May 2013

The Pheonix was just average. Not necessarily the cleanest hostel I've stayed at: the bathroom in my room had seen better days, and most of the ceilings were leaking while it rained. The confirmation email I received claimed towels were complimentary however when I asked for one, I was told I would need to pay (the maid had gone home fod the day so I stil wasn't able to have a towel). Not sure if there were mosquitos or spiders in the room, but I woke up with a few bites on my hand and arms.

The Old Times Hostel, Qingdao, China
30th Apr 2013

The Old Times hostel has a great artsy vibe with a comfortable living space. The staff is awesome and caring, and even helped me to find and order vegetarian food. Would have been nice if they had towels for hire. The bathroom area needs to be cleaned better, but that's really the only major complaint.

Han Tang Inn Hostel, Xi'an, China
28th Apr 2013

Han Tang Inn is definitely where you want to stay in Xi'an. I don't believe I can point out a single thing that I didn't like! Great staff, food, and location; everything you could want in a hostel!

Happy Dragon Courtyard, Beijing, China
23rd Apr 2013

I throughly enjoyed staying here. The staff is lovely! The food (especially breakfast) is delicious, albeit more expensive than local places. The beds were great with large, fluffy blankets that provided me with the best sleep in months. Location is great for any of your endeavors, as the subway is close by and there are some cool places in the area. Some construction currently going on at the hostel, but not disturbing. Would stay here again and again!

BackHome Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
20th Apr 2013

Great directions from airport and easy to find. The staff is very knowledgable, friendly, and always willing to help. The lockers are quite large, and the rooms are spacious abd clean. Good location for most attractions.

The North Hotel, Chiang Rai, Thailand
7.4
17th Apr 2013

I was underwhelmed with the North Hotel. Their website mentions that their restaurant specializes in "Thai northern style food", but when I asked a staff member for a menu he claimed there was no food. The same staff member was also incredibly rude to me and other guests. He was annoyed at anyone who asked him a question or required him to leave the computer. The other staff seemed alright, and the decor is charming. This place has potential if a few changes are made.

Thailandwow, Chiang Mai, Thailand
14th Apr 2013

This place is the coolest: it's small and cosy, and the staff is fabulous. Khai and Noyna, you guys are the best! Perfect example of people who love their job and do it well. The rooms may be small but for such a great price, you have everything you need. Food is good, as an added bonus (not free, but worth every Baht). Not in the center, but just a short (and safe) walk away from main attractions.

Little Hanoi Hostel, Hanoi, Vietnam
10th Apr 2013

The staff was lovely and made a point to know their guests well while helping as much to their ability. I arrived at 3 AM from a long bus ride and they welcomed me in! Location is decent. Dorm room is small but cosy.

Khammany Inn Hostel, Luang Prabang, Laos
7th Apr 2013

Not too far, but not incredibly close to the city center. The breakfast was good; not a buffet but menu-style. Despite the limited English of the staff (except for one woman), communication was still decent. Very clean. Only real complaint was the terrible wifi! To sum it up, Khamany Inn is worth it.

Vientiane Backpackers Hostel, Vientiane, Laos
4th Apr 2013

VPH seems to have a ton of people coming and going, but it's a clean and safe place nonetheless. The atmosphere promoted is artistic and chill. The staff is very willing to help as much as possible. Beds were very comfortable! Really close to shops and restaurants, not too far from the river. Great little place for a bargain.

Udai Haveli Guest House, Udaipur, India
30th Mar 2013

Udai Haveli is located in the most ideal place in Udaipur. Right around the corner from the hustle and bustle of the tourist area, but quiet enough to relax. The owners invited me in as part of the family, saying, "This is your home, too." The chai is delicious, and you're close to some of the best restaurants. The family works hard to keep Udai Haveli clean, and it shows.

Vinayak Guesthouse, Jaipur, India
26th Mar 2013

Admittedly, I was uncertain how my stay would be when I arrived at Vinayak. I'm glad I stayed! The family that owns the guesthouse takes you in as their family. Decent menu and good food. Close to train station, and easy to get a rickshaw anywhere else. I stayed in a very basic room but it was all I needed, and the bed was fantastic.

Mystic Jaisalmer, Jaisalmer, India
23rd Mar 2013

The staff at Mystic are what made my experience so great. Ashraf- the owner- is an incredibly generous and welcoming person, and his staff is equally lovely. The camel safari was fun and such a unique experience! Loved the Bollywood movies at night. The room could have been slightly cleaner, but on the whole Mystic is the place to be in Jaisalmer.

Namaste! Dear madam, At the end of the high season 2012-2013 it’s time to thank all those beautiful people who made it such a wonderful season. We really appreciate it that you stayed with us and took the time to write a lovely review. It’s good to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and friendly staff, camel safari as well our beautiful city Jaisalmer. Thank you for advise to make rooms more clean. Hope to welcome you and your mother again for your next trip in Jaisalmer. Thank you! Mystic Jaisalmer Ashraf Ali

21st Mar 2013

Gorgeous and cosy haveli, not too far from the fort and clocktower. Very quiet and comfortable. Food is mediocre. Staff was very friendly. The price for the room is worth the splurge.

Bed & Chai, New Delhi, India
18th Mar 2013

Come to Delhi and join the crew at Bed & Chaï! Staying here felt like home away from home: the staff, semi-permenant residents and travelers will make you feel like family. Delicious fresh breakfast, clean space, and very safe location as well. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

The Mad Monkey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5th Mar 2013

Our triple room with ensuite bathroom was nicely tucked away from the noise, but still close to the lounge area. Not in the busiest part of town but still many restaurants in the area. About a 20-30 minute walk to the river. It would have been nice if the hostel's restaurant stayed open later, but just be sure to eat before 9 if you like the menu!

The Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
4th Mar 2013

Hostel located within 5 minutes to the market and 10 to Pub Street. Serves great, fresh homemade food with many options for every palate. The particular room we were in was clean and spacious. Staff was direct, but never rude. Always answered our many questions and helped book our excursions and tickets.

Bodega Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
23rd Feb 2013

Upon arrival, I was skeptical of Bodega. I quickly changed my mind after Arnon stole my heart with quality service. The entire staff, for that matter, is excellent. The food is delicious and prepared fresh, but limited variety for vegetarians. Above average cleanliness. I found that all of the guests staying on the particular nights I was there were down-to-earth and fun-loving people. This hostel is perfect for meeting people, solo-travelers and groups alike!

Udee Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
14th Feb 2013

Great hostel for peace, yet close enough to anything you may need in the city. Very clean rooms and bathroom, although the room felt a bit warm (the AC could have been slightly lower). Room key deposit was expensive, so be sure to have extra money on hand (of course, this will be returned at check-out). No other complaints. Nice rooftop area, and many other seating/common areas. Staff was very matter-of-fact, but not rude. Seemed to attract a nice variety of travelers, all friendly and smiling.

HI Mid Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
8th Feb 2013

Clean and safe hostel in an ideal location for future travel. Complimentary breakfast was a nice touch, and very satisfying. Would be nice if the key deposit was less (300B/key) or more were provided for the cost (one key for four travelers was not ideal), but we did feel very safe during our stay.

INBOX Hostel by FWD, Chiang Mai, Thailand
29th Dec 2012

The staff was absolutely lovely, answering any and all of my questions plus catering to all of my needs. The location was ideal for all of my pursuits in Chiang Mai (near temples, the Sunday night market, restaurants, etc). This hostel is quiet; not for the party type. If you are exhausted from traveling then this is the best place to rest while still enjoying the best of Chiang Mai!

Thank you for a great review. You said that is true, our hostel not party hostel but you can get a good community at FWD. Looking forward to our update.