Reviews: k10es036130

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 22

Hostel Strowis

Utrecht, Netherlands

Nice clean rooms and showers. No lockers in the rooms, though, you had to walk all the way down to the basement. There were two very weird, very smelly people in my 14 person room-- they insisted on sharing a twin bed and made weird noises throughout the night. Hard to meet people, as everyone was using their laptops in the common area.

Jorplace

The Hague, Netherlands

Not a great place for meeting people. I didnt' realize it was so far outside the city! Beds were bunked in triples and I banged my head into the upper bed over a dozen times. A few weird long-stay people.

myHostal

Bremen, Germany

Regina was very nice, good kitchen facilities, spotless showers. Good hostel, all in all.

Hostel Die Etage

Berlin, Germany

Mostly older people staying there for work, etc. A couple slightly weird long-term residents. Clean and reasonably priced, though.

Lollis Homestay

Dresden, Germany

Weird showers-- no curtains, just glass. Nice neighborhood.

Staff was absolutely amazing, breakfast was pretty good-- toast, apples, cheese and meat. Easy to get to multiple ski resorts, hiking opportunities right across the street in the Tatra National Park. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean, and the common area was a nice place to chat with the other guests. I would HIGHLY recommend this hostel!

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Seconds away from the train station, a 5 minute walk into the old town square, this centrally located hostel is absolutely amazing. They serve you dinner (including vegetables and dessert), breakfast, shots, free coffee and tea. The staff genuinely tries to get to know you, and communal dinners really encourage you to socialize with the other hostel-members. Cheap events (beer tasting, pub crawls, etc.) every night. The rooms and bathrooms are spotless. STAY HERE. You won't want to leave!

Artharmony Pension & Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Clean rooms and bathrooms. Fairly centrally located. Staff was nice and helpful. Less of a communal atmosphere than other hostels-- luckily I had some very friendly roommates.

404 Hostel

Cologne, Germany

Owner did not go out of his way to be welcoming, but he gave us all the information we needed about where to eat, grocery stores, etc. Bathroom was clean, room was great (plugs next to each bed). Kitchen was clean, and the free breakfast was nice.

Thank you for your review. I read it quite often that people think I'm unwelcoming, rude or unfriendly, which is always irritating. That's not my intention. It's very hard for an old fart as me to change my character. Sorry.

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The bathroom was definitely "durty," but the room was fine. The bar was a nice addition, and we didn't feel weird sitting there without ordering food. But the food was pretty good, too. No wifi! My friend and I were unable to connect in the bar and in the room.

Hi,thanks for the compliments.We've just completed the renovation of the first two dorms with the rest following soon[check the photos on Facebook /or our booking page]We've doubled our wifi MB's which has cured the Wifi problem,thanks Jim

Bathrooms were clean, room was clean, staff was friendly. Kitchen was a little cramped, but we still managed to cook dinner. STaff was helpful in pointing out sights and nightlife.

Babelfish Hostel

Wurzburg, Germany

Steffi's Hostel Heidelberg

Heidelberg, Germany

Nice hostel, really close to the train station, but a 20 minute walk to town. Receptionist was very friendly, and answered all of my questions. Breakfast was only 3 Euros, and you got hot rolls, jam, cheese and lunchmeat, coffee, tea, and apples. Not bad at all. Bathrooms were very clean, rooms were nice-- sockets close to each bed and personal nightlights. I'd definitely stay here again.

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

I stayed in the 40-bed hostel room, and it really wasn't as bad as it sounds. They sectioned it off, so it didn't get too noisy. Bathrooms were okay-- not overly clean. Only a handful of outlets for the whole dorm room, and the wifi was spotty. Still, it was the cheapest bed I found that night.

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

I was checked in by the world's rudest receptionist. There was no wifi in the 8-person dorm on the fifth floor. The bathroom smelled like urine. They played loud music in the bar area even when it was empty, making it difficult to do work. And why was I doing work in the bar? Because it was the only place I could find a faint wifi signal. However, the hostel was the cheapest I could find in Munich, so I guess you get what you pay for.

Huge hostel, catering more to groups than individuals. No character. There were a few older people using the hostel as a temporary living space, which made it awkward-- on man in particular talked at me for over an hour. He was in his fifties, and had no social skills-- was a little off in the head. They didn't even play The Sound of Music like they advertised. A disappointing hostel. However, it was fairly inexpensive, so it did the job.

hi there. thanks for the feedback. long stayers are not allowed at all at the hostel (law-restrictions). we checked our computer, only 4 (young) people on that day stayed longer than 3 days. in case sound of music is not playing customers can rent the dvd to watch it on their laptops. save travells :)

Vila Veselova

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Lovely place. The beds were supremely comfortable, and each bed was outfitted with individual lamps and plugs. A 20 minute walk from the train station, but a lovely 10 minute walk into town. The receptionist was very friendly. Simple breakfast of bread, jam, oranges, coffee, cereal, etc. All in all, a great little hostel. So clean!

Thanks for your review. We are proud of the quality of beds because we are aware that good sleep is a gold mine, especially when you are travelling and we want every guest to feel comfortable during his stay with us. Because we know that cleanliness is important we try our best to keep it at a high level all the time. We are glad we could help you - that's why we are receptionists.

Hobo Bear Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

Friendly staff, nice kitchen, clean bathrooms. Beds were comfortable, but the lockers were a tad small.

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Awesome room-- everything was clean. The insuite bathroom was excellent. Staff were unable to recommend anything around the city-- we asked where we could get a quick cup of coffee and they directed us to the breakfast buffet! You have to pay for locker storage, which is bullsheesh. It is definitely more of a hotel than a hostel.

• 18th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hmm... I'm surprised the staff couldn't point you to the closest coffee shop. We'll have a look into that, everyone should know these kinda simple things. Maybe a missunderstanding!? None of the morning staff is native english speakers. Yes you have to pay for our lookers but it's not much and it's worth it to keep your bags safe during the time your out and they're also insured. /Management

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

We stayed in private room with an ensuite bathroom. It was clean, spacious, and nicely decorated. However, we were able to clearly hear the music blaring from the private party THREE STORIES BELOW. Check-out time is at noon, but the cleaning staff opened our door without any warning around 11am. We talked to the receptionist and he apologized profusely, but it was a little jarring. Overall, Mosaic House is a great deal, but lacks the character and personality of smaller hostels.

First we'd like to thank you for taking the time to tell us what you think, it's important for us to know what we do good and what we can do better. I'm sorry about the housekeeping coming in too early on check out day, we'll make sure it doesn't happen again. We know that the music sometimes can be a little loud and we're trying to keep it down after midnight. /Management

Students & Travellers Inn

Athens, Greece

Had an excellent stay at the hostel. Called a few days in advance to extend our stay, and they were happy to oblige. A couple downsides: the bed was veerrrry squeaky, and the shower was slow to drain. There was also a slightly intrusive guest who knocked on our door a few times (the management must have shared our room number with him). However, there were plenty of upsides: excellent location, 24/7 reception, nice staff.

Thank you for your good words!! We will keep up th ehard work!