Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 21

Feel Hostels City Center

Malaga, Spain

Friendly, brightly decorated hostel with key cards for the rooms so very secure. There were events on every night so seemed like it would be easy to meet lots of people (although I was only there for one night) and staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is excellent, right in the middle of Malaga, 30 seconds from the cathedral and easy enough to find on foot.

Really nice hostel with a great location right in the old town. Staff were really friendly and had some good recommendations about what to do and excursions to take. Lockers are a good size and rooms are really nice. Very basic kitchen but still possible to do some cooking and save pennies in Dubrovnik.

Hvar Out Hostel

Hvar, Croatia

Great location and friendly staff with tips on how to spend your time there. Hvar is expensive, there's no escaping that, but it is popular for a reason. Kitchen was a good size though could do with some more cutlery but the rooftop terrace overlooking the harbour was a lovely place to eat dinner and then have a few drinks meeting new people before going out.

Silver Gate Hostel

Split, Croatia

There was no real kitchen, just a fridge and microwave and I would have preferred the chance to cook when Split can be quite expensive. The common area is quite small but homely and the location is great, right next to the Palace. Staff were friendly and helped with places to eat or recommendations of what to do.

Fulir Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

I loved Fulir, the staff were really friendly and great to hang out with with some great suggestions with things to do. The location is less than 2 minutes from the main square so really central and because the hostel is in a courtyard its quiet so no disturbances. Really enjoyed my stay and would definitely return.

Nap Hostel Pecs

Pecs, Hungary

I was only in Pečs for one night but Nap Hostel was a great base to explore the town from and the staff were really friendly and eager to help. There is a decent kitchen but not much of a common area to relax in. The dorms are a really good size and downstairs there is a bar which will give you discounted drinks. Overall I would go there again.

The Loft Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Best Hostel I have stayed in on my entire trip, absolutely loved it. So easy to meet people and the staff are fantastic recommending great places to eat, especially hard when you are a veggie in Budapest! They took us out to the local ruin bars so its a great place to stay if you are travelling alone. Would go back in a heart beat. The kitchen is great, everything is very clean and the common area is a good place to just relax after a long day in Budapest.

Aqualand

Poprad, Slovakia

Only ten minutes from the train station and bus station Aqualand was ideal as I was using it to get to Spis Castle while I was there, but it is also on the doorstep of Aqua City and guests get 35% discount at the water park. No lockers and breakfast is an extra 5Euros, but the dorm has its own kitchen and easy access to the garden to relax.

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

The staff were really friendly and let us crash on their sofas in reception as we arrived too early (6am) to check in. They also gave us some great recommendations for food and things to do. Rooms were nice and bathrooms cleaned every day. Kitchen got a little crowded but the dining room was a good size. While the area at first seems in the middle of the city no where near the sites, just a short walk gets you to the Old Town and there is a huge supermarket two seconds away.

Hostel Krumlov House

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Immediately Krumlov House was so welcoming. Carolyn made us feel right at home within a few minutes. Our room was lovely with an amazing view out over Cesky Krumlov. Carolyn recommended great restuarants, rafting, horse-riding and anything else we needed help with, even booking a bus onwards for us. Couldn't have asked for a better hostel, we just wish we had been staying for longer - would love to return.

As always, a pleasure showing you all that Cesky Krumlov has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again :) Carolyn, Krumlov House

Hostel ELF

Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel was close to the main railway station, but the area itself, and the around the rail station was a little unsettling, especially when arriving in the early hours. Hostel staff were helpful and the communal areas were well fitted offering a great space to meet new people. The kitchen was great - the first hostel I've been to with an oven. Only took 15 minutes to reach Wensceslas Square too.

Let's Rock Hostel

Krakow, Poland

I enjoyed my stay at GBL. The location was great, only 5 minutes from both the main square and the castle, and only 10 from the Jewish area. Staff were helpful and the rooms were a good size although could have done with a quick clean after guests departed (I was in an all girls dorm so, as you can imagine, long hair was everywhere). Lounge area was good place to meet people as it was the only place with wifi, so for once a good thing as it brought everyone together. Events were organised too.

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

Loved my stay at the Oki Doki Hostel, it had a great atmosphere and staff were really eager to help and had some great suggestions of where to eat (essential when you're a fussy vegetarian). I only wished the bar stayed open longer because people ended up congregating in the reception area but quiet time was after 11pm, limiting those who didn't necessarily want to go out. Stayed in the Football dorm which was a good size although the bunk beds were huge but lockers were ideal for rucksacks too.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Great hostel, very clean and lovely staff. Travelling alone however it wasn't easy to meet people because so many came in huge package groups so maybe too large for a solo traveller such as myself.

Ekeko Hostel