Overall, very pleasant stay at the Meininger Hotel. Originally, I was suppose to be in the dorms but was 'upgraded' to a single which was nice. Everything was very clean and staff was exceptionally friendly and cheerful. However, the place felt more like a budget hostel trying to reimagine itself as a hostel. Location wasn't very central and required a short tram/subway ride from Cologne HBF. Other than that, I would come back if I was ever back in Cologne.

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I stayed here for several days at the end of December. The prices were crazy (but most hostels in major European cities are because of NYE) but understandable. Overall, pleasant stay. The hostel gives off more of a 'for study abroad students' rather than a backpacker hostel. Not too much social interactions in the lounges like the kind you expect from youth hostels. The hostel is in a central location but a tram ride is needed if coming from Amsterdam Centraal. I think I would come back.

It would be great if you come back!You're always welcome! Have a nice day

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Excellent week long stay at the Way Hostel. Great, warm, and friendly staff and lively atmosphere never made the hostel seem dull. I stayed in the Ensuite 12 bedroom and I had absolutely no problems with it and was actually convenient as it was on the first floor and had two private bathrooms inside. However, I would only advise against staying in the 3 bedroom dorms as noise from the outside can be very strong since the room I stayed in faced the street and you had to walk far to use the shower

Emile Hostel

Gibraltar, Gibraltar

Overall good stay. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Great location, right next to Casemates Square. Staff wasn't around at times and it really hurt another guest staying (he had a flight to catch but they held on to his passport - they hold on to if you haven't paid yet). Staff was overall nice but apathetic.

Tangier, Morocco

Good stay at hostel. No real problems during my stay. Location is inside the old medina but there will be signs pointing you to the right direction. Beware of people outside near the hostel trying to rip off foreigners. Ignore the people telling you how to get there or children following you as they are conditioned pester one for money. Day time staff were really nice, helpful, and considerate but night staff can be a bit rude. Overall, good value for what you get.

Equity Point London

Good stay. A bit pricey but its London. Close to the Paddington Station.

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Very good hostel. We had some complications with the maids taking our chargers but it was handled professionally and was resolved. Enjoyed the bar, great atmosphere.

Equity Point London

Hostel was very close to the tube station. Staff (a German girl and a guy who spoke Spanish) were very helpful and patient with me. I would definitely come back. However, only down side is that the internet is not free.

Tangier, Morocco

Good stay however night staff was incredibly rude.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Great staff, great location. Had a wonderful time there. Place had a very good backpacker atmosphere.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Tangier, Morocco

Everything was excellent. Best hostel I stayed in Morocco!

Funky Fes

Fez, Morocco

Staff was friendly and helpful. However, the bathrooms in some of the rooms (the rooms with more than 8 people) were very dirty and had little to no hot water. Very strict, unnecessary rules.

Sorry about the problem of the hot water. We have fixed it. The rooms are usually very clean. I don't know what happened !

HI Washington DC

Washington DC, USA

Hostel was pretty clean. Sheets were a bit thin for the middle of winter.

HI Boston

Boston, USA

Hostel was very clean. The rooms were very spacious and you had a single bathroom to choose from (from 3 including a handicap one).

Lamb Tour House

Taipei, Taiwan

Overall very good experience. Very clean bathrooms and bedrooms. Staff was very friendly. Very central location and very close to the airport bus. A lot of convenience stores around the hostel. Only bother was that there were no towels for rent so I had to go buy one.

Casa Noda

Nagasaki, Japan

Very good hostel. Owner was extremely helpful and friendly. I had a wonderful time there.

Fukuoka Hana Hostel

Fukuoka City, Japan

Very good hostel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hostel was also very clean, bathrooms felt like bathrooms back home. Beds were big and came with a curtain, small desk and a reading lamp. I would come back here again!

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Overall it was ok. I was kinda hyped up because of its awards but I felt as though it wasn't as great as it was made out to be. The staff was great, they were really friendly and helpful. The room smelled strongly of fresh cement however, it was still very clean. Good value for your money though. Mostly average hostel.

IS@K Guest House

Seoul, South Korea

Once again, this was my second time staying at IS@K and I had a wonderful experience. The staff has once again been so helpful and accommodating. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. Location is excellent. I would come back here again whenever I'm in Korea.

I've stayed here for an extended amount of time. I've had several problems staying here but it hasn't been an issue to my experience at this hostel. Whenever I had these issues, the staff was really helpful and quickly helped me alleviate the problem. Good: The staff has been really friendly and often speak good English. Many of the people who stayed here were often really friendly and talkative. Bad: Food isn't good and overpriced. Elevators were poor. Bathroom and room were bit dirty.

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

The hostel was very clean. Staff was very friendly and was willing to help out. I also ate there a few times and the food was pretty good. However, it was awkward being the only male in a room of 5 other girls. Other than that, it was a very good experience and I would come back.

Jordan Tower Hostel

Amman, Jordan

IS@K Guest House

Seoul, South Korea

The owners were really kind and considerate. The location was excellent (5 minute walk each direction to the subway station). Accommodations were really clean and comfortable. Airport bus stop is right outside the hostel.