Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Youth Hostel Salamanca

Salamanca, Spain

This is a ยด'you get what you paid for' hostel. So for me, a one night place to stay for cheap it was perfect. The beds were comfortable and it's a decent walking distance to the plaza mayor and center, but if you're looking for an atmoshphere and hoping to meet people you won't really find it here. But definitely worth the stay if you need an afforable place for the night.

Dixo's Oporto Hostel

Porto, Portugal

This hostel is great. The staff is friendly, the location is close to the river and the other part of town, and it's in a beautiful building that's comfortable and friendly. Hostels in Portugal are the best in the world, and this one didn't disappoint! My only complaint would be the racket the seagulls made at night, but that's no fault of the hostel. Bring some earplugs or an ipod and you'll be fine! Definitely a great place to stay.

Great place for the money!! Pairs is expensive!! But the hostel is in a great neighborhood and it's a good value compared to what you'd pay in other places.

Greg & Tom Party Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Where do I start..ah: IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PARTY EVERY SINGLE NIGHT DO NOT STAY HERE. Trust me. It;s called Party Hostel for a reason. The free breakfast and dinner are decent, but definitely not worth it if you are not into getting extremely drunk and hitting the town. The hostel if full of 19, 20 year olds, and it was very frustrating to try to sleep, because every single night noisy drunk people came back. If you want to party by all means stay here, but if not stay far away!!!

Greg&Tom's advice:Don't book a party hostel,if you're not into partying.Easy.We're number 1 party hostel in Poland and we're proud of it! Yes,there's parties every single night and yes,drunk people get home after the best pub crawls.And you're right,there's lots of 19-20 but.. what's wrong with that?Our age bracket is 18-40.Next time you book a hostel read its description and e-mails you get from the hostel staff.They're usually sent to make sure you understand the idea of the hostel.

Arpacay Backpackers Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Just stayed here for one night, and got in very late so I wasn't able to get a sense of the culture of the hostel. But it seemed like a nice place!

Pfefferbett Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great hostel, I stayed here before, and came back a second time. I'll stay here any time I'm in Berlin

Hostel Meeting Point

Madrid, Spain

There is nothing special about this hostel--if you need to stay a night or two it's fine, but if you're looking for a good atmosphere to meet people try something else. ALSO MAKE SURE that linens are included with the price. If you rent just a basic room (which doesn't really make it clear if you are) you have to pay 5 euro extra for linens and a towel. I chose the hostel because I needed a cheap place to stay for one night, and ended up paying extra for something I thought was included

Goodmorning Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in, and this was my second time here. The staff remembered me, and it was just as wonderful as the first time. STAY HERE!!!! You won't regret it.

Residencia Miami

Torremolinos, Spain

This is a great hostel! So cute, and right off the beach and everything on the boardwalk.

Pension Gomerez Gallegos

Granada, Spain

Very quiet. Very nice if you're not looking for a noisy, loud hostel

Hostal San Juan

Alicante, Spain

This was a GREAT hostel, GREAT location!!! Our window overlooked the beach, and it was so beautiful. If you want to stay right on the beach for a bargain of a price stay here! The atmosphere is like a hotel, but the price is like a hostel. It was great

Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

Great place to stay, loved the showers! I was also nice not to sleep in a bunk bed!

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

This is a great hostel if you just need a quick place to stay for the night for cheap.

Pension Virgen de la Luz

Seville, Spain

Great place to stay, very close to everything, staff kind, and the room was comfortable.

Village Atocha

Madrid, Spain

The only complaint I have is that when we booked it was listed we could pay with a card, but when we met for the keys at the apartment we were told it wasn't possible, nor did the man have any change. Thankfully I had enough cash to cover it. I understand that we were not at the main office so he wouldn't have a card machine but that information should be made available.

San Pedro Apartment

Cordoba, Spain

The apartment was nice. Very comfortable, and truly does sleep five very comfortably, and a sixth person could even sleep on the couch. The kitchen was lacking utensil-wise. I wanted to cook but was limited on what I could do based on what was available. Also, there was no soap in the kitchen or bathroom, nor towels of any kind in the kitchen. I would stay here again, but only if I was with a large group--for me it's a little too pricey for three or less.

Hostal Versalles

Algeciras, Spain

The staff was not very attentive, nor helpful. For someone traveling alone they were not very encouraging on what to do, where to go, or how to get somewhere. The bathroom in my room was terrible. It was the first floor room, 12 beds, one bathroom to share, and impossible to use more than one at a time. No shower stall, just a curtain, the whole sink was lose, and it was all around dingy. I would stay here again, however. Good value good location.

Urbany Hostel Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

Not quite as centrally located walking-wise as the description would lead you to believe, but very close to a metro stop, and the metro in Barcelona is simple to use and goes everywhere. The staff was kind, but do not really go out of their way to help you. It was a nice hostel and I would recommend it but I think I would stay elsewhere next time I come to Barcelona.

Goodmorning Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Loved it. Staff great, location great, rooms great, free waffles free soup. Can't beat it!!!!