Casa6ipanema

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It felt like a battery farm. 6 people (2 triple bunks) in a tiny room with only 6sqm floor space and nowhere to put your luggage. Horrible! Worst place we stayed in during our 2 months by far!

• 27th Feb 2013

Biergarten Hostel

Ilha Grande, Brazil

Really great hostel with very vibey restaurant / bar. Two kitchen areas. Really nice rooms with aircon. 5 mins from beach-front. One of the nicest hostels during our 2 month trip. Owner is very friendly and helpful. Room could just have used some towel hooks and a dustbin. Otherwise really great!

• 23rd Feb 2013

Santa Mix Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Address says Santa Teresa but its actually in Gloria Beers / water / microwave meals in fridge - great idea and well priced Nice roof terrace Nice dorms with lockers You have to do your washing yourself. Unfortunately 2 tops came out with yellow patches Owners seemed a little out of their depth and forgot to book some people's activities (too busy)

• 19th Feb 2013
  • South Africa

Thanks for your review. I´d like to explain some things about it. It seems that we are lying about the address, and that´s not true. I really don´t know were you "heard" that this is Gloria, but who told you that is completely wrong. You can google our zip code and check yourself (cep 20241-250). About yellow patches, our sheets are brand new, 2 months old, and have been used only a fez times. We are checking them all right now. I can assure you that they are all totally clean since they are washed immediately after the guests leave, in the same laundry that all the hostels/hotels from the neighborhood. About failing to book activities. I really don´t know or received a complain of any guest about it, but if this really happened, we are very sorry. We already hired 2 more staffs for the hostel, since we were really very busy, always trying trying to fulfill all the guests needs. I can guarantee that we are working hard and doing our best to make our guests have the best experience possible. I would also like to invite you to stay here again, to make sure that all of those complaints are solved or were simply misunderstood . Cheers :)

Casa Arbol

Cafayate, Argentina

Very cute little "hostel" (more like a guest house) with lots of character and very quaint. Our room was huge! Lovely double bed, very old TV (which didn't work) & some drawers. Could just use a dustbin :) Fede and Nadine are both gorgeous chilled-out people. Feedback: There is no breakfast (I thought it was a B&B when booking) There are no computers, but there is WiFi. There is no communal kitchen but you can use their fridge. There is no soap or guest towels.

• 7th Feb 2013