Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 23

My friends and I had a great experience with Hanoi Backpackers Hostel. The Aussies definitely made sure we were entertained. Staff was wonderful and helped us with all our bookings. I liked how we could easily lock up our belongings with the complimentary key they provided. Breakfast is a good touch as well. Rooftop bar was a selling point at first but we were kind of disappointed when we found out how early it closed.

• 14th Aug 2013

Saigon Youth Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

A decent hostel in the Backpackers district. Rooms were small but it was expected. I agree with another comment about there not being any communal activities but there wasn't a large common area to begin with. I did see some people hanging out downstairs and watching a movie though. Breakfast was a great addition and best of all, free. I asked for it to go and the staff was very accommodating. Also, wifi sometimes doesn't work upstairs.

• 12th Aug 2013

Lub d Bangkok Siam Square

Bangkok, Thailand

Convenient location - you can easily take the express train from the airport to Phaya Thai and walk/skytrain to the hostel. We found the common area/open space very enjoyable and the shared bathrooms were one of the nicest I've ever seen. Staff was also very friendly and helpful. Some negatives: I did get eaten alive by mosquitos though but I think it must have been due to the design of the building. Also, our room kind of leaked when it rained. But overall great hostel!

• 5th Aug 2013

Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

• 29th Dec 2012

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Sauna!! What more can I say? But seriously though, I was amazed by this hostel. I can see why this place was always packed. The moment you walked downstairs into the common area, you can just see the little touches that make this hostel unique. No shoes policy really helps keep the place clean. Also, loved the kitchen! Wifi was hard to connect to at time and I wish the upper level had showers but other than that, it was fantastic!

• 23rd Dec 2012

Thank you for those kind words! And I'm glad you appreciated the no shoes policy, some of our guests find it weird and utterly pointless. I don't know if you've seen The Hobbit yet, but that scene when all the dwarfs take over Bilbo's house and starts making a mess, that's so spot on the way Swedish people feel when guests don't take their shoes off! Cheers Lena

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

Nothing negative to say about this hostel at all. I had a great stay and would definitely stay again if I come back to CPH.

• 19th Dec 2012